New YouTube Application, Do you like it?

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;B-Yt-Q89tDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Yt-Q89tDs[/video]

It seems that same old design the YouTube app for our devices has gone out the window and the new design is something worth noting. Just yesterday Google updated one of their most popular applications with some new features, looks, and functionality. These new improvements were so great that I had to let you know since it has not already been posted.
The new features are:
  • Much improved UI
  • In-page playback so users can read comments while watching videos
  • The ability to watch videos in portrait or landscape mode
  • Personalized home-screen video feed
  • New player controls
Those all sound great, but the new UI is the biggest thing that catches my eyes. I already have my version updated on my T-mobile G2 and Samsung Fascinate, and I cannot say how much I love it. I mean the new version is a huge jump over the boring old look and it takes the HTC Windows Phone YouTube app design and brings it to Android with more functions.

Do you already have this on your device? Do you like it?
Via: AC
chart

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Installed this as soon as it was released and absolutely love, I've got nothing bad to say about it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Love IT!!!!!!!!!! have it themed already and released!!!! I have a feeling this UI is the Way Ginger Bread is headed!!!!

foxdog

Reaction score
It is totally awesome. Its got me setting up playlists and subscribing to people's... umm... whatever thay are called lol

foxdog

Reaction score
Its all good. O man that's perfect! Mind uploading the theme? Maby metamorph style or even just the apk

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Its all good. O man that's perfect! Mind uploading the theme? Maby metamorph style or even just the apk
Don't worry, I have an article with that theme coming up later this morning ;) I have it on my device as well.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't worry, I have an article with that theme coming up later this morning ;) I have it on my device as well.

You do? Make sure you link me via twitter. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

How come? I've had that going for a while.. but maybe I might link to you... Maybe. :)

sarreq

Reaction score
it's very nice, but it doesn't seem to work with the browser anymore. if I'm right that seems like a piss poor decision.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

How come? I've had that going for a while.. but maybe I might link to you... Maybe. :)

No I mean so I can read the article. :)

m0nch1zzl3

Reaction score
Install unsuccessful. Got that on several attempts. Anyone with UD having any problems installing?

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Install unsuccessful. Got that on several attempts. Anyone with UD having any problems installing?

Im sure its a system app on that rom. You will have to remove it before you can update