[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

loki993

Reaction score
So yeah saw this way late. So let me get this straight? Verizon is charging more for the shared plans then a single line....AND.....giving them less data? What could possibly go wrong with that.....I see tons of overages in peoples future.

Parzec

Reaction score
Funny.

I don't see how that will work. They aren't going to offer you anything to get off the plan.
They do that at upgrade time.

I stream HBO GO, Dish@Home, Pandora and never connect to WiFi.
I use anywhere from 2.5-5GB a month.
My wife consistently uses in the 4GB/month range.

10GB, not sure how you can get there unless you stream constantly.

Not true. Verizon offered many people, including myself, monetary incentives with upgrade pricing to migrate from 3g phones to 4g phones prior to the actual date set for subsidized upgrades. They could do the same to motivate some people to get off off unlimited.

Sent from my DROID RAZR maxx from Droid Forums

mgrande

Reaction score
So what does all this mean for guys with one line?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

soulpatch

Reaction score
Funny.

I don't see how that will work. They aren't going to offer you anything to get off the plan.
They do that at upgrade time.

I stream HBO GO, Dish@Home, Pandora and never connect to WiFi.
I use anywhere from 2.5-5GB a month.
My wife consistently uses in the 4GB/month range.

10GB, not sure how you can get there unless you stream constantly.

I stream music most of the day while at work, check some email, and browse ebay and amazon for items I am looking for. At home I use wifi. I average well over 7 GB a month. Comparing usage and what you use is not a fair comparison unless yo unote how often you do things. I stream potentially as much as 40 hours of music a week....

sonixmon

Reaction score
I stream music most of the day while at work, check some email, and browse ebay and amazon for items I am looking for. At home I use wifi. I average well over 7 GB a month. Comparing usage and what you use is not a fair comparison unless yo unote how often you do things. I stream potentially as much as 40 hours of music a week....

So what your saying is you dont get much work done ;) JK!

This is a good point, Since all this started I stopped using Wifi and went to 4G only (3G at home unless I am upstairs!). Anyway I think VZW is missing something when they took the average user uses less than 2GB. Yes on average I could see that because I am a modest user and I have used the Max <4GB and averaged 1.8Gb since getting an android. Mainly because I use Wifi, a lot of people use Wifi especially when on 3G because it was slower. 4G LTE is fast enough, though I find a good wifi has better latency.

So now I am thinking we all need to start using more Data and show vzw the average use should and can be much higher so we can get decent rates in the future! I have a trip planned in July where I wont have any PC access so I bet I will use 3-4G in that 10 day perioud alone! If I wasnt on unlimited I would be concerned about these out of the ordinary usages!

equake

Reaction score
VZW averages come from the fact most of their subs are on 3G. It is true once everyone is on 4g that changes but they are trying to regulate if you will their network so,it doesn' t get clogged.

There is no benefit of these plans to the current sub period and no amount of whining will get you more for your buck.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

monkey_man

Reaction score
I can't wait to hear this news from Verizon in the near future regarding Unlimited Calls and text :icon_ devil:.

Due to American people talking too much on our towers, we can't process so much of our customers unnecessary chattiness and this caused so many drop calls. Please go back and pay for your land lines folks! Cellphone is a luxury thing, and not the sole replacement of how one communicate with each other. We received many positive feedback of the need to preserve our call quality rather than quantity, therefore we'll be making unlimited obsolete. We will create a new plan of 1000 minutes at the same price!!! :rofl2: :rofl2:

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the Makes Perfect Cents (c) plan:

1 Gig = 1,000 cents / month
2 Gig = 2,000 cents / month
3 Gig = 3,000 cents / month
9 Gig = 9,000 cents / month
10 Gig = 10,000 cents / month

Verizon, I will sell you my idea if you let me keep my Unlimited plan forever. Thanks! :biggrin:

RyanPm40

Reaction score
So, does this mean when I want to get my next phone, I can't even get the 2GB of data for $30 a month? It's bad enough I'd be losing my unlimited data. I can't just afford to buy a phone at full retail.

huskur

Reaction score
So, does this mean when I want to get my next phone, I can't even get the 2GB of data for $30 a month? It's bad enough I'd be losing my unlimited data. I can't just afford to buy a phone at full retail.

That is what it means if you get a subsidized phone.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

Man I can say this... I would never buy a new phone again. I will wait two months and they flood the market for half or less of the full retail price.
Via the net sales sites...of course..used. Hell man trading is becoming huge! More people just want to swap up phones to get a taste of the different flavors of the manufacturers flag ships...And I am trying to figure out a nice site that does just that... The sell phone trader...lol
Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

sonixmon

Reaction score
Man I can say this... I would never buy a new phone again. I will wait two months and they flood the market for half or less of the full retail price.
Via the net sales sites...of course..used. Hell man trading is becoming huge! More people just want to swap up phones to get a taste of the different flavors of the manufacturers flag ships...And I am trying to figure out a nice site that does just that... The sell phone trader...lol
Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

Keep in mind this will drive up used phone sales because more people will be willing to pay $300-400 for used phones!

IMO this might help pay as you go phones/plan options!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The comments that some of you are making that "no one texts anymore"... this is just nonsense. Are you kidding me? Texting is bigger now than it has ever been.
"Oh I just use a different app that uses data"... yea.. cuz you're a nerd. Most people do not.
A lot of people use the stock texting app.
With so many phones: Android and iPhone and Windows and feature phones: no one program works for EVERYONE YOU KNOW. Half my friends are VZW, a quarter are ATT, another quarter are Sprint: texting is universal. Works for every phone and every carrier.
Just because you are tech smart doesn't mean most people are.
My wife is at 2,000 txt's this month so far. And those txt's are NOT all to one person. She barely talks on her phone at all.
This is why VZW is giving you unlimited minutes. TALK minutes are WAY down....

It drives me a little bit nuts when geeks (and I mean that term affectionately not meanly) that hang out on sites like this ASSUME the rest of the world uses the phone like they do.
Handcent: Over 10 MILLION downloads
Chomp SMS: over 5 MILLION downloads
Go SMS: Over 10 MILLION downloads
Pansi SMS... a newbie: over 500,000 downloads.
(BTW 10 MILLION is the highest number PLAY store uses)

If no one texts anymore... who is downloading all these apps???

Someone else said "I use 5-6GB a month... I think that's average..."
Really? Seriously??? Come on nerd. IT'S NOT AVERAGE!!!
(Again not being rude with the NERD term)
I handle over 20 smartphones at my office. 2 regularly go over 2 GB. 2.
One gets about 3GB a month the other about 4GB.
And the guy hitting 4 is his 5 yr old watching YouTube videos in the car.
5-6 is not average and I agree with what has been publicly stated by several sources: the average really is around 600-800 MB.

Those of us, myself included, that hang out on a site like this ARE NOT AVERAGE!

Last edited: