[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

darrick04

Reaction score
10GB for $100 = $10 per GB.
1GB for $50 = $50 per GB

Call me crazy, but apparently Verizon thinks we are idiots. Who is going to pay FIVE TIMES more for 1/10 the data? Absolute bananas.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
jroc said:
I went to AT&T and went thru the process of actually trying to get a family plan. And compared it to my current bill. Total was $400...before taxes and fees. At the most my bill is $374 after taxes and fees.

Unlimited vs unlimited.

I edited my post after seeing a few confusing things about overages...lol.

The wild card is data. I have 1 line unlimited. Thats $30 a month. I tried to do a new family plan on Verizon but they wanted too much info. Dont want my credit ran for nothing.

So you have one line unlimited, let's say you have 2 gigs on the other line for another $30, now Verizon start you off at $50 for one gig, as they know that people will not go that route with a smartphone, so if you have 3 smartphones your safest bet is to go with the 10 gig option for $100, Verizon knew this that's why they started the data package at $50 the 1 gig thing was just so they can show people a number for the $50 charge, they are pretty much telling you the starting price is $50 and we all know NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND is going for the $50 data plan, and Verizon knows this, especially on a family plan, I say the minimum people will go for is the $70 plan, and we know how fast 6 gigs can go, now divide that by 2-3 smartphones. The new plans just don't add up, yes for Verizon they do, not for the consumer.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon needs to have something under unlimited talk n text, and add higher GB plans, or come down on the prices. Also...does anyone know when you are getting ready to go over your data plan and you can buy 2GB for $10, does that stick? Can you add additional 2GB increments and have that stick?

Might be time for another Verizon call...

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
darrick04 said:
10GB for $100 = $10 per GB.
1GB for $50 = $50 per GB

Call me crazy, but apparently Verizon thinks we are idiots. Who is going to pay FIVE TIMES more for 1/10 the data? Absolute bananas.

Read my previous posts, the $50 is pretty much the least you will pay for a data package, Verizon just threw one gig in there just to toss a number, it's the starting point, they know no one in their right mind will go for that plan, so they already got you for more than $50, hehe, sly marketing. Not fooling me.

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
jroc said:
Verizon needs to have something under unlimited talk n text, and add higher GB plans, or come down on the prices. Also...does anyone know when you are getting ready to go over your data plan and you can buy 2GB for $10, does that stick? Can you add additional 2GB increments and have that stick?

Might be time for another Verizon call...

They have a widget app that gives you all the info on your usage, it's pretty good, been around for awhile.

mgrande

Reaction score
So I read a few pages and it sounds like the world is about to end.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
mgrande said:
So I read a few pages and it sounds like the world is about to end.

Nostradamus was right, 2012 is the year:).

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you have one line unlimited, let's say you have 2 gigs on the other line for another $30, now Verizon start you off at $50 for one gig, as they know that people will not go that route with a smartphone, so if you have 3 smartphones your safest bet is to go with the 10 gig option for $100, Verizon knew this that's why they started the data package at $50 the 1 gig thing was just so they can show people a number for the $50 charge, they are pretty much telling you the starting price is $50 and we all know NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND is going for the $50 data plan, and Verizon knows this, especially on a family plan, I say the minimum people will go for is the $70 plan, and we know how fast 6 gigs can go, now divide that by 2-3 smartphones. The new plans just don't add up, yes for Verizon they do, not for the consumer.

This is what I have:

1 line unlimited
1 line 10GB
1 line 2GB.

I also got in on the double data deals, another wild card....lol.

The AT&T plan I tried was each line had 5GB. Thats 15GB total. 10GB on Verizon new plans will be split between 3 phones? The data part of the plans is where everything falls apart for Verizon IMO.

Just tried the AT&T plans with 3GB each since Verizon new plans would be 10GB split between 3 phones. AT&T still comes out $15 more before taxes. And 1 less GB. My plan is between $325 before fees and $374 after. (I got some ring back tones and some 411 and other lil stupid stuff too. After actual fees its about $369 -$370.) $325 is the base tho always.

Still doing 3 lines unlimited talk n text. I'm also adding in insurance, since I have insurance on Verizon. Thats about $21 a month total on AT&T.

Yet another wild card is what will the other carriers do if/when they offer a share everything plan.

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am currently paying $80 for 10GB on ONE device, it makes perfect sense to pay $100 for that exact same amount of data, shared between THREE devices

Actually, it does. Same amount of data, think of it as $20 extra for tether with no limits on the tethered amount (up to your 10gigs, obviously).

I know you'll say "I didn't pay for tether", well, VZW knows this and so now they are just charging everyone for tether by default.

monkey_man

Reaction score
If you have more than one phone on your account and do a subsidized upgrade, you AUTOMATICALLY are USHERED into the new share you money with us plan:icon_ devil:

Da*n you just cold! man :rofl2: I need some comfort here :p

If I use the calculator provided on verizon's website, our current family plan comes to $289.63, 2 smart phones w/ unlimited, 3 basic phones and a mi-fi device as our ONLY viable internet option (rural TN, one mile from a DSL connection)...

Under the new plan our bill would be $290, which is a mere .37 a month increase. HOWEVER, We currently pay $80 a month for 10GB of data for the mi-fi and almost always use just under 10GB (large household). Our two smart phones combined may use 3GB/mth max.

Verizon simply needs to add broader levels to this data plan, and make them more cost effective... i.e. a 2GB plan for $50, 5GB plan for $60, 10GB plan for $80, and 15Gb plan for $100. They are essentially telling me even though I am currently paying $80 for 10GB on ONE device, it makes perfect sense to pay $100 for that exact same amount of data, shared between THREE devices....what are they smoking?

This plan isn't designed for anyone other than the shareholders, as well as Sprint, Straight Talk and other carriers who have yet to go off the deep end with such absurd plans. Enough negative publicity will AT LEAST force them to change the data caps and the cost per GB.

Their marketing group needs an overhaul, Verizon's plans do not

Yeah you will soon see this via their Gimmick! "Double your Data Event".

VERIZON HAVE DONE THE HOMEWORK FOLKS and the result is " We are not having such a tough economy afterall". Verizon stores are busy as heck right now with people upgrading to extend their old contracts!!! The good news is that they are so well prepared by taking $100 off for Razrs, Droid 4, etc .... :rofl2: Someone must went to the magic school... :icon_eek: Thanks to this that Verizon can justify and hold on to this Evil Plan for 2-4 more years. That Woman who said people took this plan positively. Yeah, she's right! Verizon are running to the Bank! :biggrin:

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I think I figured Verizon's logic out! 4g has ushered in more smartphones than expected so current bandwidth is limited. What to do? Double the cost and lose half the customers. No more bandwidth problems. Fewer customers to complain. Same cash coming in. In 2 years when the people who left are ready to renew their current carriers will have copied the idea so Verizon looks good once again due to better network. By this time 4g is finally able to handle the new heavier traffic - so the old customers come back. Great plan actually...

finndo77

Reaction score
I'm just pissed because I held out moving my wife off sprint to see the new verizon plans first. Now they stopped offering double data...

I have 10GB for $50 and use 7.5-9.4 each month. No way I can add my wife and share 10GB. I ordered her a Droid 4 with 2GB, at least we won't have to worry about the new plans for the next 20 months.

Maybe we will go pre paid after that. I use less than 80 minutes a month average and she is at about 700 minutes, so I put us on the 2000 minute plan no texting. Bad part about pre paid is less often upgrades. I always upgrade within 3 days of becoming eligible.

Sent from my rooted LG Spectrum, on EvenLess Broken Out 2.0

mgrande

Reaction score
How is everyone using so much data??

nalgon

Reaction score
My slingbox uses a lot of data. I use about 10 to 12 gigs a month.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
nalgon said:
My slingbox uses a lot of data. I use about 10 to 12 gigs a month.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

I also have a slingbox and never go over 2 gigs with my unlimited data, well I guess when I am out an about I do other things instead of watching TV, most of my data is used on music, and when I am home my super fast 35/35 Wi-Fi does all the work.