[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well....I just called and was advised to call back on the 28th about the new plans....lol. I forgot to ask something and called back. She did let me know if I take off my line thats unlimited and leave the other 2 on a family plan my total bill goes up about $30 - $40.

Called back. I asked can I just have the 2 lines that have tiered data go on the new plan and leave my unlimited line alone. She said the way its worded...I might...She mentioned about sharing data with up to 10 devices. She was thinking ...maybe ...I can just share data with the 2 lines and leave my 1 line with unlimited alone.

She also advised me to call back next week and a few days before the 28th just to make sure. I wonder will Verizon look out for long time customers and do it this way...ala Customer Retention Dept.

Last edited:

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
People don't text anymore? That's not true even a little. Texting is still alive and well.
You can use Google or iMessage only with people on the same system using the same app. Everyone I know texts. If anything, no one makes phones calls anymore. lol
Hardly anyone I know uses the actual stock texting application. They use third-party ones, and most of those use mobile data to send sms rather than your actual messaging plane.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK ... Add a 4th line and 5th line.

Each additional line on AT&T is $40 for smart phones ($10 + 30), and for Sprint it is $30 ($20 + $10).

AT&T cost is the same.
Sprint is cheaper by $10 for each line.

In addition, these plans include free hot-spot, so there will be no need to purchase those tablet plans anymore (which are currently $50 per month). But if you do add tablets, the price is actually lower. Tablets are only $10 additional, and if you boost up your data to the next level for it, then the tablet nets you a $20 gain vs. the $50 it is now.

Finally, and if I understand correctly from what all I've read, Verizon will increase the maximum number of lines they allow for an individual (large families) to 10. So the savings is greater for those who have more than 5 lines and are forced to have a second account for lines 6 through whatever.
Here is where you are wrong, on AT&T it's $10 for the smartphone and $30 for the 3 GIGS of data "like Verizon used to have, but only 2 or 4 Gig's of data", now on Verizon with the new share plan it's $40 just for the smartphone and after that data starts at $50 for 1 GIG, and the sly thing is that they know that NO ONE is going to pay the $50 for 1 gig deal but go for the more expensive $70 and up deal, it just makes more sense to the consumer and Verizon knows this, so no matter what, you will pay more than $50 for data "$50 is the minimum you will pay for data, and Verizon set it up like that for a reason", so you are telling me it costs Verizon $50 for one gig and $100 for 10 gigs, it just does not add up. You are WAY off.

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
A little off topic but.......Verizon offers unlimited mobile to ANY mobile calling?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Yea so does AT&T and Sprint, and those two have had that deal for a LONG time, Verizon just included it with their gangsta style new share plans, what a joke, the more you look at these plans the more it makes you sick to the stomach, especially the way the economy is going these days, with people trying to save a buck here and there so they can make ends meet, here comes Verizon gangsta style:icon_ devil:, trying to put a bigger hole in your wallet:mad:. Heck who needs a 401K "well whatever is left of it:(", just hand it over to Verizon, so their big wigs can cash out at the end of the year with those big Million $ bonuses, while they treat the consumer and their own employees like horse dung.

Last edited:

monkey_man

Reaction score
I have a quick question :blink: I have 2 Basic phones with old plan and all that. When I have upgrade available, can I upgrade Basic to Basic? Or I have to move to the new plan since I have Unlimited phones on it as well :icon_eek: ?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question :blink: I have 2 Basic phones with old plan and all that. When I have upgrade available, can I upgrade Basic to Basic? Or I have to move to the new plan since I have Unlimited phones on it as well :icon_eek: ?
If you have more than one phone on your account and do a subsidized upgrade, you AUTOMATICALLY are USHERED into the new share you money with us plan:icon_ devil:

IN AWE

Reaction score
Here is where you are wrong, on AT&T it's $10 for the smartphone and $30 for the 3 GIGS of data "like Verizon used to have, but only 2 or 4 Gig's of data", now on Verizon with the new share plan it's $40 just for the smartphone and after that data starts at $50 for 1 GIG, and the sly thing is that they know that NO ONE is going to pay the $50 for 1 gig deal but go for the more expensive $70 and up deal, it just makes more sense to the consumer and Verizon knows this, so no matter what, you will pay more than $50 for data "$50 is the minimum", so you are telling me it costs Verizon $50 for one gig and $100 for 10 gigs, it just does not add up. You are WAY off.

x2, WAY off.

Reaction score
How come $50 for the individual data plan gets you 5 gigs but $50 for this new shared family plan gets you 1 gig? Anybody else see something wrong with that. From what I've read on here if you're on an individual plan and you upgrade you will not be forced into this new shared plan, but obviously lose unlimited

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
How come $50 for the individual data plan gets you 5 gigs but $50 for this new shared family plan gets you 1 gig? Anybody else see something wrong with that. From what I've read on here if you're on an individual plan and you upgrade you will not be forced into this new shared plan, but obviously lose unlimited
Read my post, sixth above this one, so you can understand the slyness in Verizon Marketing. Can't fool me though:icon_ devil:.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well...I just visited AT&T...and checked on a 3 line family plan unlimited talk n text...

Verizon's new plan came out alot cheaper. Even the old plan is cheaper.

A few things some of us leave out when comparing the new plan to other carriers is the unlimited talk n text. And checking AT&T's insurance options....Verizon is cheaper. The add 2GB for $10 is kinda nice too by Verizon. I dont understand why overages is $15 for 1GB tho... still trying to find out how much AT&T overage/add GB is amount is.

I think when one looks at the total picture and do a more closer apples to apples comparison...this new deal aint too bad. Well with a minimum of 3 lines...lol. And....wont everyone that has unlimited data now lose it when they switch carriers? I STILL dont wanna give up unlimited data tho...

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
jroc said:
Well...I just visited AT&T...and checked on a 3 line family plan unlimited talk n text...

Verizon's new plan came out alot cheaper. Even the old plan is cheaper.

A few things some of us leave out when comparing the new plan to other carriers is the unlimited talk n text. And checking AT&T's insurance options....Verizon is cheaper. AND the additional GB overage is better on Verizon. 2GB for $10 vs 1GB for $10 on AT&T.

I think when one looks at the total picture and do a more close apples to apples comparison...this new deal aint too bad. Well with a minimum of 3 lines.

And I've been reading this lil blurb from the website:

You know, with unlimited data...when I made my line a family plan it was an option already checked before the 2GB plan.

Thoughts?
Did you add the additional $120 for the3 smartphones on Verizon. Seems to me people keep forgetting this small detail, like another poster above.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you add the additional $120 for the3 smartphones on Verizon. Seems to me people keep forgetting this small detail, like another poster above.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

I went to AT&T and went thru the process of actually trying to get a family plan. And compared it to my current bill. Total was $400...before taxes and fees. At the most my bill is $374 after taxes and fees.

Unlimited vs unlimited.

I edited my post after seeing a few confusing things about overages...lol.

The wild card is data. I have 1 line unlimited. Thats $30 a month. I tried to do a new family plan on Verizon but they wanted too much info. Dont want my credit ran for nothing.

Last edited:

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I went to AT&T and went thru the process of actually trying to get a family plan. And compared it to my current bill. Total was $400...before taxes and fees. At the most my bill is $374 after taxes and fees.

I edited my post after seeing a few confusing things about overages...lol.

Did that 400 include activation fees? That would explain it costing more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

darrick04

Reaction score
If I use the calculator provided on verizon's website, our current family plan comes to $289.63, 2 smart phones w/ unlimited, 3 basic phones and a mi-fi device as our ONLY viable internet option (rural TN, one mile from a DSL connection)...

Under the new plan our bill would be $290, which is a mere .37 a month increase. HOWEVER, We currently pay $80 a month for 10GB of data for the mi-fi and almost always use just under 10GB (large household). Our two smart phones combined may use 3GB/mth max.

Verizon simply needs to add broader levels to this data plan, and make them more cost effective... i.e. a 2GB plan for $50, 5GB plan for $60, 10GB plan for $80, and 15Gb plan for $100. They are essentially telling me even though I am currently paying $80 for 10GB on ONE device, it makes perfect sense to pay $100 for that exact same amount of data, shared between THREE devices....what are they smoking?

This plan isn't designed for anyone other than the shareholders, as well as Sprint, Straight Talk and other carriers who have yet to go off the deep end with such absurd plans. Enough negative publicity will AT LEAST force them to change the data caps and the cost per GB.

Their marketing group needs an overhaul, Verizon's plans do not

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did that 400 include activation fees? That would explain it costing more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nope. That was under One Time Fee. That pushed it to $499. The Monthly side has $400...and .95. lol

I'm checking AT&T cuz thats the only one in my area that might be worth it. Someone at work has a Sprint phone that did ok at my job...but I need to see how it does at my apt. T Mobile..I tried that...that failed.

I just dont see this being good for anyone with less than 3 lines. I havent tried those calucations, There are enough already in this thread. I just wanted to try unlimited vs. unlimited comparison to see for myself. I do like that AT&T puts the iPhone under their insurance. AFAIK Sprint doesnt. And....AT&T insurance deductibles for getting a replacement phone are higher than Verizon. And certain phones have certain prices.

Last edited: