[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

huskur

Reaction score
I currently have a single line plan with a droid X. I use approx. 140 minutes per month, 27 text messages per month and on average for the past six months; 450 megs of data per month.
450 minutes: $39.99
250 Message allowance: $5.00
Email & Webb Unlimited Data: $29.99
(this does not account for for taxes, fees, and my 22% discount)

If I take an upgrade and agree to a new two-year contract after June 28:
Email & Webb 2GB: 30.00

(plus taxes, fees minus my 22 percent discount)

It would cost me .01 per month more...

Incorrect. After June 28th those plans will not exist.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
People don't text anymore? That's not true even a little. Texting is still alive and well.
You can use Google or iMessage only with people on the same system using the same app. Everyone I know texts. If anything, no one makes phones calls anymore. lol

Reaction score
People don't text anymore? That's not true even a little. Texting is still alive and well.
You can use Google or iMessage only with people on the same system using the same app. Everyone I know texts. If anything, no one makes phones calls anymore. lol

I use Google Voice to get around paying for texting but the main reason I actually did that is so I could use my tablet more without having to switch to my phone just to talk to people. But I also have unlimited data to... But yes texting is very much alive and anyone who says otherwise must not drive anywhere...

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

sonixmon

Reaction score
FYI, I called customer service to complain and they acknowledged my complaint. She didn't say, but she knew exactly what I was saying and made me feel like others have this same complaint! We need to keep up the pressure on them!

I was pretty much forced to get my Mom a smartphone, upgrading from her 4 year old feature phone. The new "basic" phones are really BASIC. They are crap! Remember the Voyager, the Dare, etc.? I thought feature phones could only get better with time, but it seems they have gotten worse, at Verizon specifically.

IMO you should consider a pay as you go plan, $30-$50 depending on minutes/ data. I put my wife on a $50 PAYG T-Mobile and a $200 walmart samsung android with front facing camera (great phone). No insurance and $1.50 in taxes this saved us $20 a month over putting her on my account with VZW.

If I took advantage of the new share plans then it would cost us $10 a month more and I would lose my unlimited data, so it is not going to happen for now!

Off topic, I wish there was a sister forum site for Netflix, as I really hate the new Xbox 360 Netflix app and would love to festoon the internet with my rants about it. When I say hate, I mean HATE A LOT, just to clarify. :mad:

On topic, I see a lot of people saying to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy SIII now to keep your unlimited data. Is there a reason to do this if you already have a high end phone (Droid Razr, Galaxy Nexus, Razr Maxx, Rezound)? I think doing so would be a waste of money in my mind.

I am considering using my upgrade and either keeping my other phone as a backup (drop insurance) or selling it on eBay or something. This way I am gauranteed 2 more years of unlimited.... Only a few days to decide :icon_eek:

Last edited:

donnie5336

Reaction score
Just did a quick chat with Verizon online and the rep told me individual lines will not be affected. They will stay the same, so you don't have to worry about upgrading before June 28th to keep your current plan. Also, all they would say about renewing a contract that is grand-fathered in under unlimited data was this... "If you upgrade again and renew your contract you may have an option to be grand fathered in with your plan. However if this option is not given you will need to select a new plan." So, basically, if they offer you to stay with your current plan, you can. If they don't, you can't. But obviously the rep didn't know whether that will be an option or not.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
"
The more you buy the more of a discount you get on. That's how pretty much every system works for anything you by.

Understandable, but looking at the numbers, for another $50 you get nine times more data, makes no sense, yes I know if you buy more you get a better deal, but a 9-1 better deal, no store or business "except Verizon" would try to sell you something like this.

Reaction score
"Understandable, but looking at the numbers, for another $50 you get nine times more data, makes no sense, yes I know if you buy more you get a better deal, but a 9-1 better deal, no store or business "except Verizon" would try to sell you something like this.

I didn't say it was a good deal just that that's how it usually works. Verizon is not making any friends right now.

jseah

Reaction score
I currently have a single line plan with a droid X. I use approx. 140 minutes per month, 27 text messages per month and on average for the past six months; 450 megs of data per month.
Email & Webb Unlimited Data: $29.99
(this does not account for for taxes, fees, and my 22% discount)

If I take an upgrade and agree to a new two-year contract after June 28:
Email & Webb 2GB: 30.00

(plus taxes, fees minus my 22 percent discount)

It would cost me .01 per month more...

It would only cost you 0.01 per month more as long as you use under 2 GB per month. You use 1 kb over 2 GB and it will cost you more.

jseah

Reaction score
Incorrect. After June 28th those plans will not exist.

It was said that for existing customers, you have the choice to either switch to the Share Everything plan, or just give up unlimited data and be put onto tiered data plans.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
sonixmon said:
I can't believe this part:

A Verizon Wireless spokeswoman said early Wednesday, one day after the launch, that the carrier is "very pleased with the response to our announcement."

Way out of touch!!

Yea, that quote also had me rolling my eyes, must have been a Verizon employee with boat loads of Verizon stock:)

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

nikecar

Reaction score
I can't believe this part:

A Verizon Wireless spokeswoman said early Wednesday, one day after the launch, that the carrier is "very pleased with the response to our announcement."

Way out of touch!!

the accountants and CEO with the fake projections more likely.

Widespread panning. I think they got the spokesperson that got fired from Netflix last yr.

Colorado

Reaction score
So i finally got them to deal with me. I was up for an early upgrade but my wife wasn't until 8/13. The best i can get was 2the razr maxx's at $199 each. At least they gave my wife an early upgrade and we keep unlimited data for at least 2 more years. We love our dx's but keeping unlimited outweighed staying with the dx. Besides, with our luck one of them would have probably broken on the 29th.
I asked the rep if they were getting a lot of complaints about the shared plan pr and she said it was about 50/50 - for & against. Take that fwiw.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol. Vzw has been bombed with people like us complaining. Even the average user knows the difference in 30$ unlimited and 50$ for a gig lmao.

But alot of others have been calling in with this tickling their fancies :mad:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!