I am trying to install the update but when I do it gives me this:

Code:
-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check)"/system/app/kindle.apk", "d5b8ef2e0893a3a580dc2b1a42b18845abcddc39", "09337fd618a8bb365c901bb20642799c708459842")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

From what it looks like the update is fine and there is something wrong with my current system. Something is missing maybe? I have uninstalled a few pre-installed apps. Is that what the problem is? I un-rooted my phone for the update. If I figure it out I will post here. Thanks

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Yes, if you uninstalled something that the update checks for or requires it will fail. You'll need to reinstall all the bloat before attempting to update again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yep. You can't have ANY pre-installed apps "uninstalled". The system must be pure stock .211.

If you know what apps you deleted, you can reinstall them as GoCliffGo05 indicated. Otherwise follow the steps below;

Assuming you are still on the OTA .211 version, go to Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only - DroidRzr.com and download Matt's Utility, then follow instructions to flash Fastboot ROM back to .211. That will restore the missing apps and you'll be good to go.

Also, you'll need to root .211 and then protect root and temp-unroot before updating as there is no known way to root the new Jelly Bean for the RAZR and RAZR MAXX.

If you've installed either .214 or .215, I believe you'll need to roll back to .181 with an earlier version of the Utility and then either OTA or Fasboot back to .211.