update fails

backitude

Reaction score
Hmm that's a new one, however I downloaded and installed the update straight from the manufacturer via system updates. Bad update file?

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like you should re-download the update and try again

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

I've been doing that now several times over the past several days. I've tried to download it directly OTA, and it fails. So I tried downloading via the forum thread and installing in recovery, and it gives me that fail message. I'm stumped. I don't know what else to do. I've downloaded it OTA again, but now I wanna try saving that to SD card and doing it in recovery and I'm trying to figure out how to do that.

backitude

Reaction score
Try OTA and when it fails and shows the ! Press both volume up and down at same time like uscfan clued me in on. I couldn't have fixed mine without doing that to see the error msg. Or if you've been doing that all along what msg do u get for normal update procedure?

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Try OTA and when it fails and shows the ! Press both volume up and down at same time like uscfan clued me in on. I couldn't have fixed mine without doing that to see the error msg. Or if you've been doing that all along what msg do u get for normal update procedure?

It says I have an error in the cache blur .893

backitude

Reaction score
Before that part of the error message, does it list a specific app...?

djgriffin

Reaction score
I had a failure 2 times, then I remembered that I had used p3droid bionic toolbax to "debloat". I "rebloated" and had successful install. I may need to start a time line of all the things I do to my Bionic, so I can remember how to undo for OTA updates. Just sharing what worked for me.

cubssuck1908

Reaction score
It says I have an error in the cache blur .893

Let me know if you have a fix, too. I have been getting the same error. Non-rooted, got the OTA update and it just keeps failing. I have tried doing a factory reset and that doesn't do a damn thing. I called tech support and they could only offer to send me a "like-new" replacement. Seeing as I'm on my 4th Bionic already, I would like to try some other options. When I asked about getting a new device, the guy offered the Thunderbolt. Not a chance in hell I'm downgrading b/c ****ing Motorola can't send me a decent phone. Douche Verizon/Motorola.

Edit (update): After complaining to Verizon, they are switching me to the HTC Rezound. Hopefully that phone works out better than my Bionic.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I still haven't gotten a resolution. I don't want another phone, I'd just like this one to update properly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

factorygirl

Reaction score
Your not doing anything wrong lol. I have a zip file now that contains all apps in the event you have more than one corrupted or deleted app. See my thread here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...g-corrupted-system-files-your-rooted-fix.html

Ok, thank you! My phone is not rooted since the last update. At least I don't think it is. The update keeps failing and when I press both volume buttons it says the problem is slacker radio. I even did a factory reset and the update still fails due to slacker. Can anyone help me?!