Update for fascinate on 1/12 but not for froyo 2.2

Reaction score
happy to report, update was smooth, does wipe data. i did have to factory reset after update

GPS is FIXED!!!!! lock in 1 minute using GPS Test. 10 in view, 10 in use and 6.6 feet accuracy.

i suggest manual update!

Hello Droid

Reaction score
When you say wiped out your data, what was lost??

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
i mean it essentially does a factory reset, you will have to reload your apps and accounts. however, it is usually best to reset after such an update anyway to reset settings. i can tell you for me this is a minor hassle compared to the gps bull!

bluevolume

Reaction score
i mean it essentially does a factory reset, you will have to reload your apps and accounts. however, it is usually best to reset after such an update anyway to reset settings. i can tell you for me this is a minor hassle compared to the gps bull!

You did this the "XDA" way though, correct? You didn't receive this OTA from Verizon?

fughetzer

Reaction score
Nothing in Florida yet!

Reaction score
No, not from V. Just used Odin to flash.

Don't know about reception. It's my wifes phone. But I took it out out back and the gps was fast and accurate. Not like before. I'm running a 2.2 CUSTOM ROM and gps is terrible.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using DroidForums App

forstir9

Reaction score
First post here. I bought my fascinate last Monday and got what updates were available on that day. I checked yesterday and there were no update available OTA. However this morning at 8am there was a OTA available and I downloaded it. It says under the status page SCH-I500_DH12 to DI01. Is this the update everyone is talking about? I live in western NY.

bluevolume

Reaction score
First post here. I bought my fascinate last Monday and got what updates were available on that day. I checked yesterday and there were no update available OTA. However this morning at 8am there was a OTA available and I downloaded it. It says under the status page SCH-I500_DH12 to DI01. Is this the update everyone is talking about? I live in western NY.

The update you got is the one that came out a few months ago. That's sort of strange that your new phone didn't already have it on there. What store did you go to? (I'm in Chili).

forstir9

Reaction score
What's more strange is the fact that I have checked for an update the last 3 days and it chose to do it this morning. I got the phone from walmart because $48 was better than $199. Where will I look to see if I got the newest update and what version will it be called?

ATC1986

Reaction score
How do you manual update@greenlantern

Reaction score
very simple, i don't have access to all of the download links but you can easily google. if some finds please add them,

you will need:

1) odin installed on your pc (i use odin3, think there is a version4 also)
http://www.blogsolute.com/upgrade-sa...are-odin/9877/
2) the samsung drivers or kies installed on your pc
3) download the dl09 TAR file from here
Its not right that XDA gets all the love... ***OFFICIAL DL09 Odin Here*** - Android Forums

there is also a stripped down one at xda

4) open odin, in the pda box add the dl09 file, take out your battery
5) plug in usb then push volume down, you will see a "downloading" screen, if not keep trying
6) re-insert battery
7) press start on odin, wait for odin to show green pass.

your done. total time ~10 min

you can google various step by step instrcutions and videos on unlockr.com

Last edited: