(Update: Download it NOW!) New Look for Android Market Coming Soon

slider112

Reaction score
Downloaded and applied the new market yesterday to my rooted D1, everything's working great.... however:

Am I the only one who is not liking the fact that the app user reviews aren't sorted by the most recent ones? It seems that they are just randomly ordered... am I missing some kind of sort function? I rely heavily on seeing what the most current reviews are saying about a particular app, especially when one has been recently updated.

Also not crazy about the fact that my app list is alphabetical and, again, not sorted by most recently updated.

Also no option this time around to turn off notifications in the settings menu.

Other than that; great! :D

Tune

Reaction score
FOR THOSE OF US ON APEX (or having any difficulty).

1. Using Root Explorer, take you old Market (Vending.apk) and make a backup of it - copy it onto you sdcard somewhere.
1a. I also recomend making a nandroid JIC.
3. Take the new apk rename it Vending.apk.
** The permissions should be
Read - all checked; Write - Owner only (just the first box) and Execute - Nothing
4. Copy or Move the new apk to your /systems/app/ directory. Overwrite the old apk.
5. Once you do that reboot your phone (turn it off then back on). Once booted you should have the new Market up and running.

This is what I did and it is working w/o any problems on my Droid X, running Apex RC2.

Enjoy!!!
Worked perfectly! Thanks!!

QiG

Reaction score
No probs installing on the OG running SS5.4. Props to google on this one, a definite improvement!

sslbaron

Reaction score
FOR THOSE OF US ON APEX (or having any difficulty).

1. Using Root Explorer, take you old Market (Vending.apk) and make a backup of it - copy it onto you sdcard somewhere.
1a. I also recomend making a nandroid JIC.
3. Take the new apk rename it Vending.apk.
** The permissions should be
Read - all checked; Write - Owner only (just the first box) and Execute - Nothing
4. Copy or Move the new apk to your /systems/app/ directory. Overwrite the old apk.
5. Once you do that reboot your phone (turn it off then back on). Once booted you should have the new Market up and running.

This is what I did and it is working w/o any problems on my Droid X, running Apex RC2.

Enjoy!!!
Worked perfectly! Thanks!!

Worked for me too without any issues. Thank you for the easy to follow steps. This new market looks neat. I like it! :)

NickE

Reaction score
Has anybody tried "Update All"? It USED to only update apps whose permissions didn't change, and it looks like now it updates EVERYTHING.

I've studiously avoided updating my old copy of Shazam, which still has unlimited tagging. I don't think I can use "Update All" anymore, and will need to update one at a time...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

curlysgirly

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is not liking the fact that the app user reviews aren't sorted by the most recent ones? It seems that they are just randomly ordered... am I missing some kind of sort function? I rely heavily on seeing what the most current reviews are saying about a particular app, especially when one has been recently updated.

This is driving me crazy! I always read the first few to see what others are saying about a change.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

slider112

Reaction score

This is driving me crazy! I always read the first few to see what others are saying about a change.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Yeah, this ended up being a deal breaker for me. I thought given enough time it may correct itself, but after running the new market for about 48 hrs it didn't and I reverted back. I like the new look and I know eventually I'll have no choice, but for now it's more important for me to see the most recent user reviews on an app so I don't get hosed by a bad update.

AnotherDroidUser

Reaction score
Yeah, this ended up being a deal breaker for me. I thought given enough time it may correct itself, but after running the new market for about 48 hrs it didn't and I reverted back. I like the new look and I know eventually I'll have no choice, but for now it's more important for me to see the most recent user reviews on an app so I don't get hosed by a bad update.

There's now a way to vote up reviews and vote them down...

I'm with you in that we need to know about a bad update. Even so, this allows reviews from people who can't read to drop down the list...