(Update: Download it NOW!) New Look for Android Market Coming Soon

gling

Reaction score
Installed without a problem right over previous version on my og droid with SS5. 4. So far liking what I see in this version.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

+ 1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

destinydmm

Reaction score
FOR THOSE ON APEX RC2 (or having issues installing)

FOR THOSE OF US ON APEX (or having any difficulty).

1. Using Root Explorer, take you old Market (Vending.apk) and make a backup of it - copy it onto you sdcard somewhere.
1a. I also recomend making a nandroid JIC.
3. Take the new apk rename it Vending.apk.
** The permissions should be
Read - all checked; Write - Owner only (just the first box) and Execute - Nothing
4. Copy or Move the new apk to your /systems/app/ directory. Overwrite the old apk.
5. Once you do that reboot your phone (turn it off then back on). Once booted you should have the new Market up and running.

This is what I did and it is working w/o any problems on my Droid X, running Apex RC2.

Enjoy!!!

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
FOR THOSE OF US ON APEX (or having any difficulty).

1. Using Root Explorer, take you old Market (Vending.apk) and make a backup of it - copy it onto you sdcard somewhere.
1a. I also recomend making a nandroid JIC.
3. Take the new apk rename it Vending.apk.
** The permissions should be
Read - all checked; Write - Owner only (just the first box) and Execute - Nothing
4. Copy or Move the new apk to your /systems/app/ directory. Overwrite the old apk.
5. Once you do that reboot your phone (turn it off then back on). Once booted you should have the new Market up and running.

This is what I did and it is working w/o any problems on my Droid X, running Apex RC2.

Enjoy!!!

Didn't work for me. Checked permissions, tried multiple times and nothing.

DROID2 on APeX 2.0

destinydmm

Reaction score
Didn't work for me. Checked permissions, tried multiple times and nothing.

DROID2 on APeX 2.0

What happens after you reboot the phone? Do you have a market at all or the old market?

Did you try deleting the old vending first? How about installing the apk after you fixed the permissions? Are you remembering to put the phone as writable?

mjs1015

Reaction score
Anyone get this to work with Liberty Gingerbread v0.9? Tried everything I can think of and wont work.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

DC 1127

Reaction score
Anyone get this to work with Liberty Gingerbread v0.9? Tried everything I can think of and wont work.

Yea i got mine. Heres how you do it. Go into the system folder.
(You are going to have to mount the system as writable/readable or else you wont be able to delete the vending.apk) Then, go into the app folder. Find vending.apk. Delete it. Then try to install the new market. It should work.

coltzfan

Reaction score
Well so far I like it. Could be a little faster IMO. But the stream line is nice. I usually only update from the market and use appbrain to check out new apps. So I am hoping the speed of opening will get a little faster.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Try installing from the .zip file on this thread. I wasn't able to install from the APK onto my X with Rubix Focused, but the .ZIP installation through clockwork worked good!

was240

Reaction score
Installed on my og droid. Updated my apps, and downloaded a new one. Seems to work great. I love the new format

N4UPD

Reaction score
Do you download it from your phone? I tried and link said 403 Forbidden.

mjs1015

Reaction score
.zip file worked! Thanks.