Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

android_market.jpg

Google has unveiled a new UI for the Android Market that is set to roll out to Android 2.2+ phones over the next couple weeks. The UI changes are designed to make it easier to find new apps, movies and books, as well as to bring some of the features of the Android Market Web Store to phones.

The Market UI overhaul will bring a new homescreen with easy access to apps, games, movies, and books. When you begin to drill down, you'll find the usual Categories, Top Paid, Top Free, Top Grossing, and Just In lists that we've come to expect, but you'll also find easy access to an Editor's Choice list and Staff Picks.

The new UI also highlights Google's video and books stores, so you can rent video or buy books much easier. Google has also said that they have completely rebuilt the Market app, so the entire experience should be faster and more intuitive than before.

An interesting note that Google casually tossed into the preview video for the new Market is that Google is claiming their bookstore has the "largest collection of digital books" on your phone. Google is still claiming over 3 million books in their store, compared to just under 1 million in the Kindle store.

The Android Market update should automatically be pushed to your device (assuming you're running Android 2.2+) over the next couple weeks.

[video=youtube;5Pbo-d62ivY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pbo-d62ivY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - A New Android Market for Phones[/video]

Source: Google Mobile Blog

UPDATE: Want to give a test run now? I got you covered!

Downoad Link

Limbwalker

Reaction score
I've thought for awhile that The Marketplace could be a little better streamlined. Glad to see it coming . . . dancedroid

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If anyone gets their hands on it, please pass the .apk on to others ;)

gmorgan056

Reaction score
The guys on Phandroid mentioned that it looks eerily similar to WP7. While I agree, I still think it looks better then the Market now.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
UPDATE: Want to give a test run now? I got you covered!

Downoad Link

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If anyone gets their hands on it, please pass the .apk on to others ;)

You have this inverted yet? ;) just kiddin man.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I must admit, this is definately looked more impressive and polished. I like it!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums