Unwanted Tasks

Anupam

Reaction score
Hi,

I have the free taskkiller app running on my droid. Everytime I look at the task list I see tasks running that I never started. I kill these tasks and if I look after 10-15 minutes, they are back up.

How do I stop these tasks from starting in the first place.

Thx.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Stop running a task killer for one and let the OS do what it's wanting to do.

Those task keep firing up because the OS is trying to run them. You constantly killing them is just knocking the OS down...making it get back up and try to launch those task again.

Android phones DO NOT need an aftermarket task killer.

Stop using it and you'll see a more stable phone, longer battery life and faster overall response.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What tcrews Said ^^^^^^^

OP
A

Anupam

Reaction score
So, if I start a game and finish it and get out of it...it is still running in the background. How do I stop that?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So, if I start a game and finish it and get out of it...it is still running in the background. How do I stop that?

It's not "running". It's loaded in memory waiting for you to use it again. If the memory is needed for other things the OS will dump it from memory. It is only running if you are using it. Otherwise it is dormant and is not hurting anything. This system is not like Windows.

lyam

Reaction score
Even though this debate rears it's head every week or so, I'll throw in my two cents.

Task Killers that are set to run in the background are probably a bad idea.
Having a task killer available to kill an app that is hung up and non-responsive is a good idea.

Judicious and selective use of a task killer is not a bad thing.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even though this debate rears it's head every week or so, I'll throw in my two cents.

Task Killers that are set to run in the background are probably a bad idea.
Having a task killer available to kill an app that is hung up and non-responsive is a good idea.

Judicious and selective use of a task killer is not a bad thing.

^^^^^^^
I agree 100%

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
from my experience i used a task killer from pretty much when i got my droid (january) till about a month ago and my phone runs a whole lot better