Why don't task killers work in 2.2?

jrl9851

Reaction score
With 2.1, I could kill tasks and you can see that they were killed...they would go away from the notification bar, and for stuff like the internet, it would start over when you opened it up next time (google home page).

With 2.2, I noticed that stuff doesn't close. It shows it disappear from the task killer list when you kill, but the apps are still open. I've tried basically every task killer out there and it's all the same.

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
With 2.1, I could kill tasks and you can see that they were killed...they would go away from the notification bar, and for stuff like the internet, it would start over when you opened it up next time (google home page).

With 2.2, I noticed that stuff doesn't close. It shows it disappear from the task killer list when you kill, but the apps are still open. I've tried basically every task killer out there and it's all the same.

You can kill apps that are open, just cant kill services is what Ive noticed

jgumphress

Reaction score
Why are you trying to kill the apps? Let them live, they're not hurtring anyone. I say that literally. I have never used an app killer and mainly because of all the fine advice from our friends here at the forum. Let the apps live, let them eat cake, or Froyo.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe because (once again) task killers are unnecessary and actually more harmful to the memory management problem then helpful.

Realistically it's probably the fact that the app has to be built for the OS, not the other way around and this has not been done yet for some task killers.