Unrooted section

itsdestiny

Reaction score
Is it possible to add in a new section in "Droid Hacks" for unrooted folks? There are things unrooted users are capable of accessing on the droid that doesn't require root and is also modded. Stuff like home replacements, etc. I feel like every time I want to look up something for my phone, I have to dig my way through all the rooted threads.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
a home replacement really isnt hacking the phone though

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah the hacks section is more for stuff that can ruin your phone ;)

there are some exceptions though, like pdanet, that are available to non-rooted users.. we'll see where this thread goes..?

OP
I

itsdestiny

Reaction score
Forget I said put it in the "hack" section. I'm just asking if we can get a section ANYWHERE.

Stuff like Pdanet, widget theming, home replacements, icon replacements, manual roll back and updates on non rooted phones would be nice to find in one section.

We have a "theme" section but it's mostly geared towards ROM themes. A lot of home replacements are also ROM based on here. You catch my drift.

Its no big deal just thought I'd throw it out there.

Last edited:

Raeuber

Reaction score
Forget I said put it in the "hack" section. I'm just asking if we can get a section ANYWHERE.

Stuff like Pdanet, widget theming, home replacements, icon replacements, manual roll back and updates on non rooted phones would be nice to find in one section.

We have a "theme" section but it's mostly geared towards ROM themes. A lot of home replacements are also ROM based on here. You catch my drift.

Its no big deal just thought I'd throw it out there.

I second that. I have no intensions of rooting my phone, but would like to modify and improve on it. It would be nice not to have to read through hundreds of pages of root line commands to find the one useful post from a non-rooted users.

Riley

Reaction score
I'd like to see this too. Just simple mods for non rooted folks like me.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Would beautiful widget skins go in this proposed new section or the apps section? I can see things like 2.1 apps that work for non-rooted phones but that aren't in the market place could go into such a section. Would external skins and cases that give your phone a custom look without being rooted? All of the above are also used by some rooted users too I'd guess.

patriot839

Reaction score
Yes mods I agree any ideas for new section for non rooters would be great no matter how it gets set up thanx other non rooters I was starting to think I ws the only member that does not want to root

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
maybe it is a good idea. we'll keep the discussion going and see what happens. how would you guys organize it? like how would you break it up?

OP
I

itsdestiny

Reaction score
We probably wouldn't need anything other than a thread section in Droid Applications labeled as "Applications For Non-Root" or something unless someone can think of other stuff.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
What about Applications/Mods (non-root)?

Would that work for everyone?