Unrooted section

BzB

Reaction score
what about apps/mods that both rooted and unrooted users can have access to?

might this make it muddier for rooted users to find/get feedback on apps/mods that might not be listed in their section?

outside of the hacks and roms forum is there even a rooted section?

i see where you are going, but rooted phone can still use some apps and tweaks from the market. There are many people who installed droid mod just for o/c wifi tethering but are not capable or wanting to mess around with hacking their phone. So this will help those that are unrooted or using droidmod.

i understand. just wondering out loud. i'm sure the forum mgmt will mull the idea and pull it off in a way that makes sense for all involved.

Tegamal

Reaction score
I'm also one of those people that wants more from their Droid, but is still a little leery about rooting.

This would be great! I'm always on the lookout for new ways of changing things up a little. Maybe in a section like this, I could find out if there are different icons for the non-rooted.

Raeuber

Reaction score
The firsy thread we will need is the "screenshots of peoples droid desktops - FOR NON-ROOTED user". I love this thread, but it has gotten way too complicated for me to keep up. :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
something for those that do not want to root:

Now I have not tried it myself so I can not be sure if it works or not:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTnAdWYNPbI&feature=related"]YouTube - Howto: Install 3D Gallery Pinch/Zoom on the Motorola Droid[/ame]

also another good thing to spruce up your device
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfOXM6VhRMs&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
I'm so glad theres more of you non-rooters out there. I started feeling lonely lol

Raeuber

Reaction score
Yeah I thought I was the only one who had a boring stock droid. :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Riley

Reaction score
So is there any movement on opening a section on this? Maybe called 'Unrooted Mods'

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, I too think this is a good idea. There are some people (like me) who are rooted one day and stock the next. I noticed when I'm stock I don't have that many places of interest in the forum and it is hard to find out about non rooted functions that may be available. Great idea, go for it CK.