Unroot did not work. What to do?

alitke

Reaction score
I bought the Bionic and rooted it using a Mac. I have had extremely bad luck with the Bionic so far. Loss of 3G signal all the time as well as a very bad camera experience. I decided I would unroot it, return it, and try my luck with another one.

Using my wife's PC I downloaded the Drivers and the unroot tool. I installed the Driver then ran the unroot tool. At the end the program said unrooted but SuperUser is STILL THERE! What to do?

Thanks for the help guys.

wseyller

Reaction score
I bought the Bionic and rooted it using a Mac. I have had extremely bad luck with the Bionic so far. Loss of 3G signal all the time as well as a very bad camera experience. I decided I would unroot it, return it, and try my luck with another one.

Using my wife's PC I downloaded the Drivers and the unroot tool. I installed the Driver then ran the unroot tool. At the end the program said unrooted but SuperUser is STILL THERE! What to do?

The superuser app can still be there and you be unrooted at the same time. Rooting/unrooting doesnt install/uninstall superuser app unless it is done via a scipt that just happens to do everything for you. Check to see if you can perform actions that would require root. You can if so just uninstall superuser app like you would any other app.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

kingsway8605

Reaction score

Just return it rooted. They won't care. Make sure you wipe though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

OP
A

alitke

Reaction score
So you were right I had no root privileges. Uninstalled it and looks like I am good. Will do a factory reset via the settings>privacy settings then I am good to go correct?

I have rooted 4 different model Android phones but I have never unrooted so this is all kind of new to me. Never had to return a phone before with so many problems. So far I have had the following,
Random Restarts
Camera Quality was very bad (heard a bad batch affected this)
Wifi destroys batter life
Constant loss of 3G signal. (sometimes as long as 30mins+)
High pitch whine in background of podcasts.
Uninstalling of random apps. (usually 1 app a day shows as uninstalled)
Random shutdown of apps

When the phone works, it is flawless. It is extremely quick and amazing but man some of these issues are killing me.

wseyller

Reaction score
Some of your issues are problems with the motorola firmware itself. No firmware is perfect. Things can be fixed in an update.

But if you messed things up with root access a hard reset may not help.

Flashing the fxz would bring it to an out of the box state.

OP
A

alitke

Reaction score
I had the issues before Root. Was hoping root would help some of the random reboots and force closes.

Hoping a new unit will fix some of the issues.

wseyller

Reaction score
I had the issues before Root. Was hoping root would help some of the random reboots and force closes.

Hoping a new unit will fix some of the issues.

Using root to remove certain things could have caused some of your forced closes. And wiping alone wont bring that stuff back.

Only issue i had was the uninstalled apps. They were not really uninstalled but it acted like it. The whine in the headphone jack ive heard many people have but i dont. Mine has had none of your troubles otherwise. Might be worth an exchange for you.

Last edited:
OP
A

alitke

Reaction score
Yah that is what I am going to do tomorrow after Church. Just did not want SuperUser showing up and of course it was at the time. Never thought to uninstall it. Just assumed via the video I watched on how to uninstall that it was automatic.

wseyller

Reaction score
Yah that is what I am going to do tomorrow after Church. Just did not want SuperUser showing up and of course it was at the time. Never thought to uninstall it. Just assumed via the video I watched on how to uninstall that it was automatic.

Depends on the root procedure. Root itself is not the superuser app. Root is just elevated permissions. The app is just a companion.

OP
A

alitke

Reaction score
For return purposes I should be good though correct?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums