Doing a factory reset after rooting.

erich93063

Reaction score
I have a Bionic and the day I got it, I rooted it with Pete'sMotortolaRootTools at this link: ROOT/UNROOT Droid Bionic - RootzWiki everything has worked great. So as you know the Bionic was plagued with a 3g issue where it constantly drops and needs to be rebooted and mine definitely had this issue bad. I received the over the air update that was supposed to fix this issue and it didn't fix it. I called Verizon and they said I should do a factory reset because some people were reporting the same thing and a factory reset fixed it. My question is, what happens since I am rooted? Does it even matter? Should I unroot first? If I do a factory reset, do I just need to reroot?

THANKS

lilhill

Reaction score
Home > options > settings > privacy > factory reset.

You do not need to unroot first.

DROID BIONIC

Retired OG DROID CM7 Supercharged 1GHZ

spooner2007

Reaction score
I have a Bionic and the day I got it, I rooted it with Pete'sMotortolaRootTools at this link: ROOT/UNROOT Droid Bionic - RootzWiki everything has worked great. So as you know the Bionic was plagued with a 3g issue where it constantly drops and needs to be rebooted and mine definitely had this issue bad. I received the over the air update that was supposed to fix this issue and it didn't fix it. I called Verizon and they said I should do a factory reset because some people were reporting the same thing and a factory reset fixed it. My question is, what happens since I am rooted? Does it even matter? Should I unroot first? If I do a factory reset, do I just need to reroot?

THANKS

Ota sometimes makes u lose root... as far as reset, wont affect it at all... shouldnt!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wilboy

Reaction score

THANKS
A re-registering may help..other says it helps(like me before) other's not!
If you wanna try this..here's the steps:
1)Turn off your device>take the battery out including SIM card not the sd card.
2)Put back the battery and turn on your device w/o the SIM card.
3)Turn it off again,pull battery out to put back in the SIM card,then the battery..
4) Power on...and see how it goes...