Trouble Rooting

doomer4life

Reaction score
Thanks for any responses/solutions.
My issue is that I have rooted my droid x but everytime I've have done so my phone begins to reboot.

I have rooted the Terminal Emulator method requiring no PC. It went smoothly superuser was installed and I was able to install Apps requiring root without issue then it began to reboot constantly fyi I never installed any kernals for overclocking nor did I install an app that did so. So I unrooted using terminal Emulator.

Next rooted with the oneclick program that you install on your PC and click the button Root Me. Again ran smoothly everything installed correctly as far as I was aware but again started rebooting so I unrooted using same program and it stopped rebooting.

Lastly I tried rooting using the marketplace app called Z4root and it ran without a problem and then began rebooting as well, after the required reboot of the program. So I unrooted using the program as well.

My phone when unrooted does not reboot but after coming from a D1 I would prefer to have my droid x rooted. I guess my question is does anyone know what I may be able to do or what I may of been doing wrong? Thanks in advance any responses.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What version of android are you on?

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
doomer4life

doomer4life

Reaction score
System Version
Version.2.3.151.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Model Number
DROIDX
Android Version

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
id just start out fresh and flash the 2.2 sbf. it can be found at rootzwiki

then you shouldnt have any problems

OP
doomer4life

doomer4life

Reaction score
Okay I'll try that tonight when I get home.

OP
doomer4life

doomer4life

Reaction score
Looked at the rootzwiki site and they only had the sbf for 2.1 and my phone came with 2.2 no updates. I know no one can link 2.2 so I'm not asking for that I'm asking if the 2.1 would be suitable for what was suggested to me or if I should find the 2.2. Because with the issues I've had after rooting I wanna make sure I can return it to the state I had it when I got the phone.

maderschramm

Reaction score
Looked at the rootzwiki site and they only had the sbf for 2.1 and my phone came with 2.2 no updates. I know no one can link 2.2 so I'm not asking for that I'm asking if the 2.1 would be suitable for what was suggested to me or if I should find the 2.2. Because with the issues I've had after rooting I wanna make sure I can return it to the state I had it when I got the phone.

no, 2.1 won't work. do NOT try.

as for 2.2 not being on rootzwiki...that's incorrect. It's there.

Check my sig for instructions on sbf flashing. All the instructions and links you'll need are included along with a nice tutorial video for your sbfing pleasure

OP
doomer4life

doomer4life

Reaction score

Check my sig for instructions on sbf flashing. All the instructions and links you'll need are included along with a nice tutorial video for your sbfing pleasure

okay looking at the tutorial and all and you say not to proceed if "If your bootloader is 30.04 then you this will not work for you until the newer sbf is released." well I assume the new sbf is the 2.2 one and the one thats on rootzwiki, sorry I did not see it earlier, correct because I do have 30.04

maderschramm

Reaction score

okay looking at the tutorial and all and you say not to proceed if "If your bootloader is 30.04 then you this will not work for you until the newer sbf is released." well I assume the new sbf is the 2.2 one correct because I do have 30.04

no. the newer sbf is the /system only released for the tbh 2.2.1 leak

2.3.15 won't flash on 30.04 to my knowledge

OP
doomer4life

doomer4life

Reaction score

okay looking at the tutorial and all and you say not to proceed if "If your bootloader is 30.04 then you this will not work for you until the newer sbf is released." well I assume the new sbf is the 2.2 one correct because I do have 30.04

Okay so I should not attempt to flash for now anyways? and thank you very much for the help

maderschramm

Reaction score

Okay so I should not attempt to flash for now anyways? and thank you very much for the help

if your bootloader is 30.04 try to find the /system sbf file. I'm looking as we speak
I have a copy at work I think. by tuesday ~4p cst I can probably hit you up

OP
doomer4life

doomer4life

Reaction score
Please do PM me or something I cannot find it but I may not looking for the right thing and my computer is acting up right now I think I'm going to have to reformat my HD but thats something else entirely lol