OTA 2.3.340 for Droid X

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Correct, roots ok just nothing custom. That's why I use TiBackup to just freeze apps rather than remove.

Droid74

Reaction score
Ill echo what Chkmate said earlier. it is easier to just do a SBF to make sure u r where u need to be...It take a lot less time then to try and find everything that got changed, trouble shoot, and make posts and wait for replies. Just easier and less of a headache.

the5barrons

Reaction score
Ill echo what Chkmate said earlier. it is easier to just do a SBF to make sure u r where u need to be...It take a lot less time then to try and find everything that got changed, trouble shoot, and make posts and wait for replies. Just easier and less of a headache.

Ditto.

"what evrrrrr"

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once again to each their own. It was easy for me not to SBF. I rename all my backups so I know what it is and what date I saved it. I didn't have to post for help. Its more or less common sense.

Flipp

Reaction score
is it ok to have the ckmate boot image changeed? or do i have to go back to the stock one? i just want to get everything straight before i do the update, i renamed all the bloatware back, and i see its ok to be rooted. will my custom boot logo affect the update? let me know, and ill change/leave alone the boot image and then do the update.

Last edited:

Es0ter1c

Reaction score
The worst that would happen is it would fail again. I would guess that it is only checking the filename. If that's the case it should succeed, but if it's checking the file size, you could end up having to reinstall the stock motorola M, which can be found in Chkm8ts thread. Just install it the same way you put the custom one on.

Flipp

Reaction score
yea i figured so but i was really trying to see if anyone has had their custom one and did the update no problem, i just used the stock moto m off the boot loader image changer app. well see how it goes.
-Flipp