2.3.340 OTA Auto-DeoDexer!

sephtin

Reaction score
bump, anyone?

Sorry, didn't reply, because I thought I had answered that very question in my post.

The size is because it's basically replacing most of the odexed files in /system with deodexed versions... if that makes sense... so you're replacing a ton of files (I'm guessing all zipped up, about 50mb worth, as you put it)...

And yes, if you're looking to deodex, then this method will work on 2.3.340 (maderstcok is pretty much stock 2.3.340). Just be sure to follow the directions in the first post very carefully.

Other method I mentioned before, is to simply replace the entire /system directory with an already deodexed/rooted 2.3.340 build via this method:
2.3.340 Deodexed System only .zip — sephtin.com

Both should leave you with a freshly deodexed 2.3.340 system dir.

thx sep for the help. one more thing lol. there shouldnt be a difference in speed between madstokc and reg stock. like before i flashed madstokc, my stock w/ root was fast. now it seems laggy ever since i flashed mad, maybe its just me.

It should be. The only one single change that I can think of... that might be different between completely stock, and maderstcok.. is /system/xbin/ files that are copies, instead of links. :p
I haven't checked his updater script to see if he links like the official OTA does, or if it copies like the 2.3.340 system is that comes from TBH.

IF this is of any concern AT ALL regarding speed.. one test you can do, is to load my 2.3.340 /system .zip file... it will wipe /system, and it DOES recreate the links as they are done via the official OTA. HTH!
My deodexed/rooted 2.3.340 system only .zip is here:

feel free to give it a shot if you'd like..

B

budmonster

Sorry, didn't reply, because I thought I had answered that very question in my post.

The size is because it's basically replacing most of the odexed files in /system with deodexed versions... if that makes sense... so you're replacing a ton of files (I'm guessing all zipped up, about 50mb worth, as you put it)...

And yes, if you're looking to deodex, then this method will work on 2.3.340 (maderstcok is pretty much stock 2.3.340). Just be sure to follow the directions in the first post very carefully.

Other method I mentioned before, is to simply replace the entire /system directory with an already deodexed/rooted 2.3.340 build via this method:

Both should leave you with a freshly deodexed 2.3.340 system dir.

thx sep for the help. one more thing lol. there shouldnt be a difference in speed between madstokc and reg stock. like before i flashed madstokc, my stock w/ root was fast. now it seems laggy ever since i flashed mad, maybe its just me.

It should be. The only one single change that I can think of... that might be different between completely stock, and maderstcok.. is /system/xbin/ files that are copies, instead of links. :p
I haven't checked his updater script to see if he links like the official OTA does, or if it copies like the 2.3.340 system is that comes from TBH.

IF this is of any concern AT ALL regarding speed.. one test you can do, is to load my 2.3.340 /system .zip file... it will wipe /system, and it DOES recreate the links as they are done via the official OTA. HTH!
My deodexed/rooted 2.3.340 system only .zip is here:

feel free to give it a shot if you'd like..

@sephtin

im currently on stock 2.2.1 .340 w/ root. it was a backup i made soon as rooted and thats what im currently on. i have crap load of app, its mess and i want to start to fresh again, like a brand new DX. i dont want any apps on my phone just the GAPPS. what should i do, should I flash the maderstock ota, im not sure what the best way of doing this is? this is what i want to do in nutshell:

-fresh stock 2.2.1 .340 w/ root
-deodex my phone
-then use the throttle uncap

also, for me to theme certain things (metamorph, ninja) aka icons in notification bar my phone has to deodex, correct?

im on gtalk ([email protected]) if you could contact me on there, its a pain to keep checking on here. id appreciate the help. thx

sephtin

Reaction score
@sephtin

im currently on stock 2.2.1 .340 w/ root. it was a backup i made soon as rooted and thats what im currently on. i have crap load of app, its mess and i want to start to fresh again, like a brand new DX. i dont want any apps on my phone just the GAPPS. what should i do, should I flash the maderstock ota, im not sure what the best way of doing this is? this is what i want to do in nutshell:

-fresh stock 2.2.1 .340 w/ root
-deodex my phone
-then use the throttle uncap

also, for me to theme certain things (metamorph, ninja) aka icons in notification bar my phone has to deodex, correct?

im on gtalk if you could contact me on there, its a pain to keep checking on here. id appreciate the help. thx

Sent an email.. :)

kushpancake

Reaction score
Hangs on installation....

Has anyone else had this hang on "installing update..." hasn't even put anything in the progress bar... errrr

kushpancake

Reaction score
How do I...

Hey finally got my phone "deodexed"!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!

Now how do i start changing all of the things you can modify? Any links to instructions on how to do this or if anyone could message me info that'd be awesome!

Thanks in Advance all!!!!