Extreme battery life drop after 15% and unable to unroot

EastPhilly

Reaction score
Hello all,
My main problem is battery life since the update to JB. While general battery life went down a little bit (not too much though) my main problem is the end life. After the JB update my phone will go from 15% to 5% within 30 seconds to 1 minute. After that it will drain to 1% within another few minutes. I even did a check today to make sure it wasn't just my widget getting messed up. i went into the battery settings, saw it say 15% and then within 1 minute I got the "battery below 5%" warning. Is there a good way to fix this without doing a factory reset?

My second problem (though not as important right now) is that I rooted my phone in ICS and left it rooted when I got the update to JB. Now I am unable to unroot so that I can reroot to the razrblade root for JB. I used the "D4 with ICS Fix" root tool app that I used to root in ICS to try to unroot, but had no luck even though it said it worked. I can still see Superuser in my apps list. To my understanding I have to get rid of superuser in order to reroot with razrblade and get a newer style of superuser. Is there any other unroot apps I can use to do this? I can't even get a phone replacement for the battery issue because of this issue, but again, if the battery issue was not present not having root wouldn't be the end of the world to me.

Any ideas or wisdom to share?

K1ick

Reaction score
As for your first problem, I can say that I have been experiencing the same thing. I think this might be a problem with the JB update they sent out as, (from what I can gather) other people are having the same issue.