Unofficial MIUI Modded Edition

mcbee35

Reaction score
finally got the swipe to work. Really feeling this modded rom. About to flash the blue steel over now.

fox_dye

Reaction score
I would just wait the update will be out in a bit and both themes will be updated by tommorow I would guess. Both davros and jrizzill are quick with the updates. I wonder which kernel will be included with the next update. Since Chevy updated his kernels. I hope its the 1ghz ulv kernel. 800 is good but I do like the 1ghz. It makes psx4droid run a lot smoother.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
For those with Photoshop who are interested in making their own Swype skins for the Droid, just download my template that I have put together.

Swype_Assets_Keyboards.zip

It uses Smart Objects to contain entire designs for multiple objects into one .PSD file. Simply modify the contents of each Smart Object and export each one as a .PNG using the same filename as the object.

Couldn't be simpler!

Attachments

• swype_assets_keyboards.png
    swype_assets_keyboards.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 373

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Awesome work man. Love swype now

sent from a rogue droid

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
How cool would this be if it were your boot animation? ;)

[video=youtube;3ySVFhOQm2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ySVFhOQm2Q]YouTube - MIUI Boot Animation v2[/video]

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I like it better than the one that comes with MIUI. I like the stuff you are doing to MIUI lately. Lots of cool extras! I have been looking for swype for ever and have not found a working version till yours...and I love swype. I know its not for everyone, but its for me for sure. Its easier than I expected.

And the bootanimation is great! Adds a nice touch of detail to MIUI.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would just wait the update will be out in a bit and both themes will be updated by tommorow I would guess. Both davros and jrizzill are quick with the updates. I wonder which kernel will be included with the next update. Since Chevy updated his kernels. I hope its the 1ghz ulv kernel. 800 is good but I do like the 1ghz. It makes psx4droid run a lot smoother.

My guess is the next 11/5 release will be a no wipe flash over 6.4. Thats my wish anyway. But again...I still wont be flashing right away until others do and report back...As with v6, it went through 3 fixes before it was to the point I felt ok to flash it. I know 11/5 is already released on MIUI.com, but...havent seen or heard anything about it here or on the code.google page either.

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

My guess is the next 11/5 release will be a no wipe flash over 6.4. Thats my wish anyway. But again...I still wont be flashing right away until others do and report back...As with v6, it went through 3 fixes before it was to the point I felt ok to flash it. I know 11/5 is already released on MIUI.com, but...havent seen or heard anything about it here or on the code.google page either.

I don't see why it wouldn't be a no-wipe release. I know the devs hate me for saying this, but I haven't done a clean install since like v2, and I do not experience half of the issues some of the other people experience. Food for thought.

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

I don't see why it wouldn't be a no-wipe release. I know the devs hate me for saying this, but I haven't done a clean install since like v2, and I do not experience half of the issues some of the other people experience. Food for thought.

pssst i havent wiped since 3.1 lol

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

pssst i havent wiped since 3.1 lol

Yup, and you gotta remember, the official ROM comes as an OTA update, which also does not require a wipe. The only difference I could see is they have a much more involved update script which might make some under-the-hood changes to your data. But so far, so good. Always make a nandroid backup just to be safe.

iamasongnow

Reaction score
don't get me wrong, always a fan of your work and i appreciate you putting these mods out... but i thought setcpu was a paid app?