Unlimited data on Verizon going away by the end of the year!

Reaction score
It's amusing when threads like this pop up and people lose their minds over completely unsubstantiated rumors.

blowngtp

Reaction score
Just reading this, but I went off my unlimited data plan this past weekend. I also left the Bionic family of such. I now have a "the next big thing phone" (Verizon Galaxy Note 2) I'm not a big data user except during football season. I'll buy a couple extra g's as needed. I'm starting out with 6 to see how that goes for now and will adjust as needed. I was averaging about 1.5 g's on the Bionic. I will expect this phone to be similar after the first month or two of ownership

I for one hope those who have that Verizon unlimited data plan will be able to keep it. For me, it was time to move on...

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Just reading this, but I went off my unlimited data plan this past weekend. I also left the Bionic family of such. I now have a "the next big thing phone" (Verizon Galaxy Note 2) I'm not a big data user except during football season. I'll buy a couple extra g's as needed. I'm starting out with 6 to see how that goes for now and will adjust as needed. I was averaging about 1.5 g's on the Bionic. I will expect this phone to be similar after the first month or two of ownership

I for one hope those who have that Verizon unlimited data plan will be able to keep it. For me, it was time to move on...

You're getting a note 2 now months after its been out with the octa cores right around the corner? Talk about no patience.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think coming from a bionic that's been out for two years is quite a bit of patience... by my standards. I am lucky if I make it a year with a phone.

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm with you. Frankly I'm not that far along...8 months or so for my MAXX. I'm ANXIOUSLY awaiting either a quad core or multi-core.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I think coming from a bionic that's been out for two years is quite a bit of patience... by my standards. I am lucky if I make it a year with a phone.

Patience must be your virtue. Me? I want it and a want it now. Same day air.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm with you. Frankly I'm not that far along...8 months or so for my MAXX. I'm ANXIOUSLY awaiting either a quad core or multi-core.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I believe it was my Maxx that lasted me the longest. Now with my note 2, this thing is so much fun...think it will outlast my Maxx.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Patience must be your virtue. Me? I want it and a want it now. Same day air.

Yeah, really I'm the same...but sometimes the wallet takes precedence over impulse! LOL! :blink:

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, really I'm the same...but sometimes the wallet takes precedence over impulse! LOL! :blink:

That part of the equation is the evil nemesis.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

3sweeties

Reaction score
Sitting right next to my apple holding friend, my little old 2 yr old toddler bionic pulls up web pages faster than her ATT Iphone. My Bionic has always been faster than all the lastest Iphones that all the friends sport.

My little toddler's hot spot fuels my teens 3 devices on her hot spot while I was playing words with friends. My Bionic Rocks! I have not had phone envy. I let Motorola once about 3/4 years ago for a month and a LG phone.. talk about buyer regret!

I will continue to buy whatever phones allow me to keep the 4 unlimited lines I have. By September the 5th member of our family will be getting a smart phone. She will either be getting her own plan with Verizon, or I might go with a different carrier, although there are few to chose from here. Because of upgrades, my 4 unlimited plans account contract ends late this year. As long as I can maintain unlimited, I will be with Verizon, who services my area well, if not, I guess I will be shopping.

I still love my Bionic, we have three in service. Son has a maxx that is well loved. Carry on!

cybric

Reaction score
I just activated a new line with a DNA. I moved it to my unlimited plan and moved the bionic to the new line on a shared plan with my wife. The salesman made a comment about me averaging 25 gigs a month but never mentioned that it was going away so I hope it doesn't.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just activated a new line with a DNA. I moved it to my unlimited plan and moved the bionic to the new line on a shared plan with my wife. The salesman made a comment about me averaging 25 gigs a month but never mentioned that it was going away so I hope it doesn't.

I hope they didn't try to pull a fast one on you. I just activated a new line recently also, and the default option is the 2GB per month plan for $29.99. If they do let you keep your unlimited data then you might be one of the lucky ones. Just a suggestion, but you might want to check your Verizon account on-line in a day or so and see what the data plan is for the new line. if you were using 25GB a month and they put you on a 2GB plan, you probably don't want to find out once the next bill comes on you end up going over your limit.

GeLopez

Reaction score
after 13 years i bit the bullet and left verizon. went to tmobile and to my surprise, its data speeds are doubled at my house (rural area) went from paying 99 with verizon to 80 and unlimited everything (no throttle). im now sporting an SG4 and ready to move the rest of the family over.

PS leaving verizon has been the best decision i've made.

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Yeah, I was sweating over giving up unlimited data, but I bit the bullet and upgraded to the S4 on Verizon. They gave me a decent package (4g/mth, unlimited talk and texting) for about 99/month. Since I was barely using a gig/month, this plan worked out well for me. A few ways I'm using to keep my data under cap:

• Downloading LARGE apps in a wi-fi area
  • Setting up GMAIL to allow me to check for new mail, not automatically
  • Watching streaming movies using wi-fi

Now, I know wi-fi isn't an option for everyone, but if you have that luxury, utilize it as much as possible.

Btw, LOVING my new S4!

J

2 things? If you were only using less than a gig per month why pay extra for the 4 gig plan over the 2 gig?

2. Why worry about when you download email and such if you have at least 3 gigs to spare a month?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

debrad0307

Reaction score
Tired of all the rumors regarding this. This has been going on for the last 2 years. People post this stuff and get everyone all hyped up for nothing. Like one member said, you need proof. Stop the assumptions.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2