Verizon and Unlimited Data Plans

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
So as most or all of you out there know, Verizon is en route to doing away with unlimited data on phones like the Droid X. It's bad enough they took away unlimited on mobile broadband, the bastards! haha Anyway, my company just signed a two-year contract for my Droid X (so lucky for that!), but in two years, I expect the tiered data plans of Big Red will already be in full swing.

So my question is, when the two-year contract is up, and I decide to get another job or just end up having to pay the Verizon bill myself, would I still be able to get unlimited data since that's what my Droid X had when it was with my company? Or would my signing up for Verizon myself limit me to the options of then 2012, as in the tiered, non-unlimited data plans?

And how does Verizon expect us to stay under a data limit on a Droid?! Wi-Fi I guess, ridiculous either way.

Anyway thanks in advance!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Afaik, they are keeping unlimited data for the near future. Who knows about lte though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well yeah, LTE is coming up pretty soon...
You will be grandfathered in with the Droid X, so you will have unlimited data. If you get an LTE phone, then you might be on a tiered pricing that is not unlimited. But, I'm glad this is in the off-topic forum already because the fact you are getting the DX does not mean you're going to lose unlimited data.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
That's a relief, I'm not ready to give up unlimited data! As I'm sure none of you guys are. Thanks again!

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid