Unlimited data dead. How much data do you use a month?

IAm

Reaction score
Unlimited data dead on VZW . How much data do you use a month?

With no tethering I used 14 gb last billing cycle. Just using streaming music and video a few hours a week puts me well over the rumored 2 gb 30 dollar plan. Will u renew your VZW contract regardless of this announcement? I wont.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:

jojoferari

Reaction score
I will definitely not renew if they don't grandfather current customers into unlimited data for $30.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I'm don't think they will put the cap on existing unlimited data customers maybe on new contracts

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
So this hits VZW too?

Also, my 2 cents: my data usage is 4 to 15 MB/day, according to 3G Watchdog. I'm on a $8/mo data plan that allows me to use 15MB/hour (with speed dropping to 64kbps after that) and 100MB/day (with 16kbps speed limit once I hit that until 03:00 next night).

However, I don't stream music or videos, mostly because I find it plain weird to put such load on the network when I can just copy from my desktop.

rusty815

Reaction score
yeah, i am definitely not renewing my contract, i use a good 7-10gb per month without tethering, at least sprint is still keeping its unlimited plan, at least for now.

matt2783

Reaction score
I usually use about 1.5gb/month. Theoretically I should be okay with the 2gb plan but I'm too close for comfort. I'm waiting to hear weather I'm grandfathered in to unlimited but if not I'll at least explore my options.

alboboy10

Reaction score
They can't put caps on people with contracts...we have contacts already. If they try to be smart they'll lose a lot of business cause a lot of people will leave.

nola

Reaction score
"They can't put caps on people with contracts"

If that's really the case then how do i raise a dispute to Verizon properly?

I do use wireless tether a lot. I am a fanatic about getting to work early in the morning so i bring my laptop and browse using wireless tether for an hour or so monday through friday. Lately the tethering starts off working fine but about 2 minutes in, my androidtether network goes from internet to local only with no internet. I can only assume that this is happening because my account is being capped.

So again, if my current contract says unlimited data and now all of the sudden im being capped, how do i go about escalating my concerns to Verizon without getting in trouble for using wireless tether?

Thanks,
David

markwebb

Reaction score
I average @ 1.5-2 GB per month with no tethering. I rarely exceed 2 GB.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is for new contracts. We'll be ok so relax. So much hype on these forums. My phone is the only Internet connection that I have. I am not rich enough to own a pc or wifi so everything is done on my d2. That being said, with netflix, about 15-17gb a month.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

rusty815

Reaction score
This is for new contracts. We'll be ok so relax. So much hype on these forums. My phone is the only Internet connection that I have. I am not rich enough to own a pc or wifi so everything is done on my d2. That being said, with netflix, about 15-17gb a month.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

im sure most people understand that, the reason its a big deal is because its going to affect a lot of our upgrade options, because if you want to stay with verizon, you need to either give up unlimited data or you have to buy a phone at full price.

satoru

Reaction score
"They can't put caps on people with contracts"

If that's really the case then how do i raise a dispute to Verizon properly?

I do use wireless tether a lot. I am a fanatic about getting to work early in the morning so i bring my laptop and browse using wireless tether for an hour or so monday through friday. Lately the tethering starts off working fine but about 2 minutes in, my androidtether network goes from internet to local only with no internet. I can only assume that this is happening because my account is being capped.

So again, if my current contract says unlimited data and now all of the sudden im being capped, how do i go about escalating my concerns to Verizon without getting in trouble for using wireless tether?

Thanks,
David

You can't. If you are using tether and are not paying for verizon the 40$ or whatever they charge, then your sol. I use tethering alot for school because I can't get internet right now as im moving. I also donwload movies. So id say im up there in the gb. I will probably renew contract because vzw is best right now. Explore all the options first of course except for tmobile, lol.

freightdog

Reaction score
This is for new contracts. We'll be ok so relax. So much hype on these forums.

Fwiw, yesterday I got a text from vzw stating that my unlimited global data plan would be terminated on my contract date and I should call to discuss options. I wonder if they will follow this with the grandfathering on all unlimited data going out the window when contracts end. This is going to result in vzw losing my 4 lines of service, everything I liked about vzw is eroding and I am left with nonsense.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Have you seen the rumored tiered pricing?
Kinda stupid if you ask me, if verizon wanted to compete with att they would set their prices more competitively with att so it would attract more customers. Well i'm glad like many of you that this tiered data isn't gonna affect us until we want to get a new device.