Limit on Unlimited Data?

Skyrocketing

Reaction score
I've got Unlimited Data with my GS3 plan (4G) and I've been using my data generously. The past month I used 30 GB of data and this month I've used about 77 GB. My speeds haven't been throttled (if so, I've just been tolerating it) and my data hasn't been turned off. Is there a point where Verizon will just cut me off? I know that's an absurd amount of data but it's a legitimate question. I'm trying not to go much more above that.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon can't throttle 4G data. As long as you remain in a 4G area, you can use as much as you want without being throttled. And there's no caps, but if you're tethering illegally a lot of data then they may end up putting the 30 dollar tether charge on your account. But they won't cut off your service for data usage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
Skyrocketing

Skyrocketing

Reaction score
Alright thanks, that's good to know. Just wondering, why can't they? And if they do put on the tethering fee, can I remove it as long as I don't tether?

soulpatch

Reaction score
It was part of the agreement with their 4G spectrum purchase that they can not throttle it. So as long as you are on 4G you are fine. Second you go to 3G you can be throttled till you get back onto 4G signal.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Not sure how it works out if they catch you for tethering though, I haven't heard of anyone getting caught. If they do slap on the tethering fee maybe it's only for that month and you can have it removed, but again I'm not sure.