Verizon unlimited data package with 4g.

droijo

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've had my family plan for years now with unlimited data plan ($30) on all lines. We have been thinking about getting new phones lately and am just curious about a couple questions in regards to not having to opt for tiered data plans. Tried a search but there really wasn't anything with a matching ques/answer.

1. If I bought a 4g phone, will I have 4g?
2. If above is no, will I atleast still have 3g unlimited?
3. For those of you who do the same as us, where do you go to buy your phone for the best retail non-contract price; brand new?

Thanks.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Hello all,

I've had my family plan for years now with unlimited data plan ($30) on all lines. We have been thinking about getting new phones lately and am just curious about a couple questions in regards to not having to opt for tiered data plans. Tried a search but there really wasn't anything with a matching ques/answer.

1. If I bought a 4g phone, will I have 4g?
2. If above is no, will I atleast still have 3g unlimited?
3. For those of you who do the same as us, where do you go to buy your phone for the best retail non-contract price; brand new?

Thanks.

I can answer 1 and 2.
1. Depends on where you are at. If there's 4g in your area yes, if not no, but you will be capable of using it if you go into a 4g area.
2. If you don't have 4g available then it defaults to 3g.

Either way you will have unlimited data as you currently do. Upgrading you phone doesn't affect your plan pricing. If you change your plan you will be forced into the tiered system.
Hope that helps.

end of line...

OP
D

droijo

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.

If anything, I will just go to bestbuy or but it online, but if anyone else have good sources or anything they'd like to share; it'd be great and would be a lot of help.:)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
retail price should be pretty consistent no matter where you get the phone. The differences in price between retail stores is when you sign up for a new 2yr contract.

If I were you, I'd just go straight to a Verizon store and get it from them.