Will the TB be the last Verizon phone with unlimited 4G?

loki993

Reaction score
Im wondering. The TB is not the perfect phone for me, but Verizon is offering a unlimited 4g data plan with it. Everybody knows that they Will be moving to tiered plans this summer possibly or probably before another 4g phone comes out. So Im wondering if I should jump on the TB just to get the unlimited data locked in.

So a couple questions, do you think there Willl be another 4g phone released before the move to tired plans. Is it work playing chicken? Although we should know when its coming right.

Second Willl the TB price drop anytime soon. 250s a bit steep for it I feel.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
They are planning on rolling out tiered in the summer, so my guess is like mayish or june for setting up that stuff. Maybe another 4g phone will roll out but my guess is that the TB is the oddity.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
I am also assuming the tb will be the only Verizon 4g phone with unlimited data at no extra cost. I have a feeling they used that either as a way to lure people in or perhaps as a form of consolation from all of the delays. Either way, I'm glad I snagged my tb and am locked in with unlimited data.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Same, one big reason that pushed me to get the TB even though my contract wasn't up till August was the unlimited 4G. I'm keeping this contract for as long as I can, I don't care if I have to pay retail for my next octa-core jet pack phone. lol.

I imagine that Verizon will bottleneck all of us, unlimited and not, if we go past 5GB - like they do with 3G...... Just the difference will be, those of us with unlimited won't be punished with a bill.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im fine with being limited to a couple gb a month. Hopefully it will be cheaper than it is currently. I have home internet for the fast stuff and im usually at home anyway. 4g is nice but even at home my usage is about 3gb a month. Haha combine that with my 512mb i last this month and that means i dont even use 4gb total. just my imo, i guess if your keen on passing 5gb a month then you can jmp on this evo looking device but im waiting for a sweet phone. Service is nice but in truth i don't need 4g at all.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Im fine with being limited to a couple gb a month. Hopefully it will be cheaper than it is currently. I have home internet for the fast stuff and im usually at home anyway. 4g is nice but even at home my usage is about 3gb a month. Haha combine that with my 512mb i last this month and that means i dont even use 4gb total. just my imo, i guess if your keen on passing 5gb a month then you can jmp on this evo looking device but im waiting for a sweet phone. Service is nice but in truth i don't need 4g at all.

Oh you say that...until you actually use it...

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score

the way I see it is you will always be able to change to a cheaper tired plan if you want. You wont always be able to get unlimited 4g

huskur

Reaction score
Looks like i will keep an eye out for the demise of the unlimited data plan. I will upgade at the last minute since it will be out of contract. I do though believe the Bionic will be out before they go to tiered data.

TheOldFart

Reaction score

the way I see it is you will always be able to change to a cheaper tired plan if you want. You wont always be able to get unlimited 4g

So not all of us really care about that. Like ilikemoneygreen, I have never even hit 600MB in any month since I got my Droid 16 months ago. I would happily get a 1GB per month plan if I could get it for $20 a month. Most people never hit 1GB a month, so most would jump at a cheaper limited plan that gives them that much data.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

While this may be true,. The phone while it isn't sucky it is not superior. I want a superior device. Spend 250 on this phone, and get the unlimited data for $30. Data is nice but 80% of the time im in an area where i get free wifi. Both my colleges have wifi everywhere and ive got wifi at home. I am not in wifi while driving (Not suppose to be on phone then anyway). I could potentially downgrade to $20 a month and get a 1-2gb a month plan and save $120 a year. I dont see the point in spending more money to get unlimited and be stuck with an upgraded EVO (and still then only use 1-2gb a month). Im eyeballing at minimum the duel cores not to mention the supposed quad core targa. Id have a superior device while having a data plan more fitting to my needs while saving $$. Everything would be the same except id be saving money. What i dont like with VZ is i think i remember reading they also mentioned speed throttling plans where you would also pay for certain speeds. Thats a horrible idea, not sure how that will fit in the equation 0.o.