Monthly Data Usage

Perfexion

Reaction score
How much data usage have you managed to rack up in a month? I am up to 1.5GB already this billing cycle (5 days in). Verizon advertises the data service as unlimited, but I know they reserve the right to terminate service to whomever they please if they feel that their network is being abused. I also believe that there used to be a 5GB monthly limit on their "unlimited" data plans. Is this still the case? Has anyone used a ton of data in a month and heard anything about it from Verizon?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
5.8gb is my best :D

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had just under 9 GB this past bill cycle. Nothing to worry about.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I also believe that there used to be a 5GB monthly limit on their "unlimited" data plans. Is this still the case?

No such thing on a Droid.....

chadwick108

Reaction score
data usage

I am 3 days into my billing cycle and @ 724 MB for this month.
Data Usage: Est as of 03/09/10 9:52 PM: 684855.65 KB... :) needless to say I was playing halo online on the :motdroidvert:

chadwick108

Reaction score
Sign into verizonwireless.com then click on data usage on the left side of summary or you can #3282 (#data) and receive a text message for billing cycle that you are currently in.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
How much data usage have you managed to rack up in a month? I am up to 1.5GB already this billing cycle (5 days in). Verizon advertises the data service as unlimited, but I know they reserve the right to terminate service to whomever they please if they feel that their network is being abused. I also believe that there used to be a 5GB monthly limit on their "unlimited" data plans. Is this still the case? Has anyone used a ton of data in a month and heard anything about it from Verizon?

The unlimited plan is unlimited... although, keep in mind, Verizon can void your contract at any time and shut you off if they feel it's excessive.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to use 1.5 gigabytes of data in 5 days? I don't think I've used that much in a month, let alone in 5 days. That's insane. Are you streaming Pandora One 24/7? Tethering like a madman?

OP
P

Perfexion

Reaction score

The unlimited plan is unlimited... although, keep in mind, Verizon can void your contract at any time and shut you off if they feel it's excessive.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to use 1.5 gigabytes of data in 5 days? I don't think I've used that much in a month, let alone in 5 days. That's insane. Are you streaming Pandora One 24/7? Tethering like a madman?

I am an aerospace engineering undergrad student. I think ~1000MB of that was downloading roms in class to install and play with. Some of it is tethering. My home internet connection is only 1000Mbps/500Mbps (only service available at my rural location). Some nights when traffic is bad I will tether to my phone so that I can stay connected in WOW. Sometimes I will download files on my phone instead of on my PC so as to not take up my limited bandwidth while gaming. That's about it I think.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sign into verizonwireless.com then click on data usage on the left side of summary or you can #3282 (#data) and receive a text message for billing cycle that you are currently in.

There's an app for that
icon12.gif

Go to the market and choose the verizon tab. grab their "my verizon" app. It lets you see minutes used, data used 92.439mb...cycle ends April 2nd.

92mb?? Guess I'm not on anybody's radar! lol

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Only at 286211 this month so far and had 1.49GB last month. Just discovered DroidLive so I'm sure this moth will show a significant jump in data usage.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am an aerospace engineering undergrad student. I think ~1000MB of that was downloading roms in class to install and play with. Some of it is tethering. My home internet connection is only 1000Mbps/500Mbps (only service available at my rural location). Some nights when traffic is bad I will tether to my phone so that I can stay connected in WOW. Sometimes I will download files on my phone instead of on my PC so as to not take up my limited bandwidth while gaming. That's about it I think.

If VZW is monitoring usage, you're a prime candidate to hear from them.