Unlimited data + bionic for $0.01 or 2 gig limit + pay $250 for Bionic?

combres

Reaction score
I need some help deciding whether to pounce on this $.01 amazon deal for a bionic and give up my grandfathered unlimited data plan.

I don't think I have ever gone over 250 megs a month with my Droid x...

The free phone is so tempting.

Help.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
How would you be giving up your unlimited plan?

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

nateohio

Reaction score
Im assuming your talking about adding a line to your account? If that's the case just transfer the Bionic to your line and grab a cheap dumb phone off of craigslist to throw on the new line so you can cancel the data package.

That's what I did!

Also, if you're thinking about using the Zumocast app when you're out and about, I'd definitely reconsider getting rid of unlimited data. Streaming music and videos from your pc to your phone over 4GLTE is definitely gonna eat up some bandwith.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
no matter what don't lose the unlimited ... 4g chews up data like crazy
... im over 2gb every month where as with 3g phones I was no where as close.... I don't stream music and just youtube watching at most

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Yeah you are going to want to keep that unlimited plan. Im glad I have it. I use over 6GB a month according to the :Verizon data app. I watch a good amount of Youtube and Netflix because I work over nights

J

JriderG

Yea you want to keep the unlimited...40gb here

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

gthotie5

Reaction score
HOLY! 40 GB lol
I thought I was bad.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

nateohio

Reaction score

Its simple, faster networks + Faster phones = way more data usage!!! Also, when most phones are 4g and apps are written to take advantage of 4G speeds thats also going to increase data usage dramatically.

That's why even though I've only used a maximum of 792mb in the last six months, I made sure to upgrade to unlimited before they took it away. There is no guarantee that its ever going to come back.

M

Mullensbb

I pretty much always use a good amount of data. when I had my droid x 3 g I used anywhere from 5 to 10 gigabytes a month streaming netflix youtube or just wireless tethering to my xbox for netflix and hulu.

My first month of having my bionic also my first month of 4 g I used 40 gigabytes using zumocast, netflix, hulu plus, watch espn..... 4 g is awesome but having an unlimited plan is almost necessary

Big Cam

Reaction score

Wow, the worst I ever got was 21gb, and that was streaming a radio show on Ustream 6 hours a day for 5 days a week, all month, and that was back on 3G. I've moved to podcasting and now with 4G I average anywhere from 5-8GB a month, I never really break 10 anymore, and I don't use Wi-Fi since my phone is constantly needing to be reset.

J

JriderG

Well its alot of downloading files, and tethering to watch Netflix on a bigger screen.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I recently watched 2 movies from Netflix on 4G and I don't wanna know how much data I was using. Unlimited is the best. It's like buying a sports car that's cheaper because it only has a 2-gallon gas tank. Fast, but you don't go far.

OP
C

combres

Reaction score
I ended up going with an add a line on my family plan using the Amazon 1 cent deal. It can't really be beat for a $299 bionic. I don't use a whole lot of data, so I think the 2 gigs a month is fine for me. I am on wifi at work and at home and don't travel a whole lot. I think that verizon will eventually eliminate the unlimited or limit speed when you get to a certain threshold.

The economics for me make more sense to go with the 1 cent deal. 2 gigs is a ton of data...