Verizon starts "twice the data" promotion today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGyver777

Reaction score
If you are on limited data like me then you may like to know that Verizon has started the "twice the data" promotion activation today.

This is for existing and new customers who are on tiered data plans.

Basically if you are on a 2gig a month data plan you can now get 4gig for the same cost and so on and so forth....5gig to 10 gig allowance....

This promotion does not increase cost, does not increase your contract length or nor does it add any additional fees to your account. It is simply a way of getting more data for what you are already paying.

To get this promotion call Verizon on your mobile phone and ask for the "twice the data" promotion which is a limited time offer for the holiday season. Once on this promotion you are grandfathered in and will stay on it until you change your plan.

Understand that this does not include data use over tethering or over wi-fi hotspot it only increases the data amount allowed on your smartphone itself... but the cool thing is that (say you were on the 2 gig limit plan) you now have two gigabytes that you could use tethering in addition to the 2 gigabyte you were having to split using for both phone and tethering.

SPECIAL NOTE: please note I do not work for nor am I associated with verizon other than being a customer of theirs and discovered this on a article on christian science monitor which I will put below...

http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/Horizons/2011/1107/Verizon-doubles-its-4G-data-caps-for-now

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

JimmyGT

Reaction score
Just updated my contract with this on the Verizon website via My Verizon -> Change Minutes, Text, or Data

nhra1ss

Reaction score
That is nice. My son has the 2gb plan, but looking at the Verizon site, it is saying it is when you buy a 4G LTE smartphone. I will have to have him check into that.

alodar1

Reaction score
Interesting...I don't have that option on mine.

extra interesting....I only have 1 line....and I was not the account owner....an account owner by verizon definition is the person fiscally responsible for paying the bill. As non account owner...I wonder who's responsible for my phone....

brandon9559

Reaction score
it is for 4g phones only, if you currently have a 4g phone on the 2gb plan you can change to the 4gb plan. Ive changed quite a few in the store today.

GreenSnow

Reaction score
I just called the customer support line, and just hit '0' at the menu to talk to a real person, this deal is good for new and exisiting 4G smartphones,

…no good for me dam you Droid3!, oh well love the phone regardless

Enjoy your benifits 4G users!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Since this is the 3rd post about this, I'm going to close this one and link everyone to this one: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1826836
Verizon Promotion Doubles Data for Same Price. Limited time though

But thanks McGyver for posting this.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

Status
Not open for further replies.