So its come to this...Unlimited Data -or- Bionic

KenjiWB

Reaction score
What a shame, the Bionic was supposed to be THE phone that was the complete package, having dual core, 4G etc...but now it's concession is the lack of an unlimited data option.

I don't currently have a smartphone, so I don't currently have an unlimited data plan (my wife does on her iPhone 4 though). However, I am not willing to draw out some elaborate voodoo-math plan to work my way into unlimited 4G, so it's basically come down to whether I want the Bionic, or another phone to lock in unlimited data...

I understand this is non-issue for those that will be grandfathered in regardless, but which would you choose if you had to? A tiered Bionic, or an Unlimited 'X' 4G phone?

EDIT/UPDATE:

I found a cheap OG Droid on Craigslist, locked data and still waitin for Bionic!

Last edited:

captain howdy

Reaction score
I would get any phone to get grandfathered in. You can allay use the upgrade option later. or if possible get your wife to upgrade her phone then activate her old phone as yours until the bonic comes out. Makes you look like the good guy. Here hun you upgrade yours 1st

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
K

KenjiWB

Reaction score
LoL already did that, thats why she has an iPhone and I've been sittin on an upgrade for a few months...

anuraj1

Reaction score
The tiered data is only for brand new customers. So if you're not with VZW right now, then you should jump on before 7/7. But if you have unlimited data right now, you're grandfathered in.

champaned_out

Reaction score
This is a simple decision.... Newer and better phones will always appear... But I highly doubt they will ever bring back unlimited 4G once it's gone..

haproot

Reaction score
Can't you just activate unlimited data on whatever phone you have now(smartphone or not), then get grandfathered in when you decide to upgrade?

i can read

Reaction score
Get a phone off ebay or Craigslist and you dont have to worry about wasting your upgrade thats what I did.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Get a phone off ebay or Craigslist and you dont have to worry about wasting your upgrade thats what I did.

+1 ^^^^^ THIS

No contract exstention, still get a discounted (not full retail) bionic and get unlimited data. Get an og Droid for around 100.00 bucks, its worth it!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

captain howdy

Reaction score
Can't you just activate unlimited data on whatever phone you have now(smartphone or not), then get grandfathered in when you decide to upgrade?

No you have to have a smart phone to get the data package, it verizions way of screwing us.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
What a shame, the Bionic was supposed to be THE phone that was the complete package, having dual core, 4G etc...but now it's concession is the lack of an unlimited data option.

I don't currently have a smartphone, so I don't currently have an unlimited data plan (my wife does on her iPhone 4 though). However, I am not willing to draw out some elaborate voodoo-math plan to work my way into unlimited 4G, so it's basically come down to whether I want the Bionic, or another phone to lock in unlimited data...

I understand this is non-issue for those that will be grandfathered in regardless, but which would you choose if you had to? A tiered Bionic, or an Unlimited 'X' 4G phone?

I just knew they would give the bionic the same unlimited data they gave the thunderbolt and others and like u said-this is the ONE,KING of KINGS-thats sad.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

No you have to have a smart phone to get the data package, it verizions way of screwing us.

Just like BMX said the other nite-ALL carriers are out 2 make money,some r just more then others.

Reaction score
You can try what I'm going to try. Wait until july 6th to get a new 4g phone. Wait until the 30days are up on the return policy to see if a new phone comes out. If it doesn't well you have a 4g phone on an ulimited data plan at least.

Sent from my d1 Charge using DroidForums

mike02vr6

Reaction score
You can try what I'm going to try. Wait until july 6th to get a new 4g phone. Wait until the 30days are up on the return policy to see if a new phone comes out. If it doesn't well you have a 4g phone on an ulimited data plan at least.

To bad that they switched it to 14 day period instead of a month. Thats why I think the bionic will drop around July 28 (it would b e 21 days...just long enough to screw us.)

dominick_7

Reaction score

They changed it to 15 days man..

i can read

Reaction score

+1 ^^^^^ THIS

No contract exstention, still get a discounted (not full retail) bionic and get unlimited data. Get an og Droid for around 100.00 bucks, its worth it!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Plus when you get the bionic you can resell your phone.