Ultimate Bluetooth Headset??

romanrish

Reaction score
We should start a lovemymotorolas9forums.net... jk, but you really do have to hve a pair to understand the comfort, richness of sound, and music control of this device. The best part about them is that you never have to worry about slippage or it repositioning itself in your ear. Not to mention its a motorola product.

romanrish

Reaction score
I just realized that it does have a mic. Don't kno exactly where it is. I only figured it out today after today when one of my friends helped me test it out. I walked outside and it picked up perfectly. He said I still sounded like I was in the room. I also don't know if I mentioned that you can skip songs, go back, pause, play, answer calls, control volume all from the headset. This makes the stoc kmusic app very bearable because you don't have to look at it. Just shuffle and enjoy!

skidemn

Reaction score
Scosche makes an excellent headset for active use

Looked over the forums, but don't find my "ultimate" headset....

I need multipoint because I carry 2 phones (work & personal) and need to answer whichever one is ringing, especially if I'm on the road.

Would also really like to get all sounds through the headset, specifically TV.com, radio, video, other media so if I take a break and want to listen to the radio or watch a video I can do so with the headset.

Finally, I'd want to use the headset while at the gym, so need something sweatproof, can use while lifting weights (ie bench press while on my back) and on the treadmill, etc.

Not too terribly concerned about music sound quality. Want it to be decent, but I'm not all that picky about it.

Saw one (model forgotten...) that would be both a mono & stereo headset with the left earpiece being detachable, but had many reviews of not staying in the ear. Something like that would be wonderful since I could use just the one earpiece most of the time, but when I want better sound I could use the second ear piece.

Any suggestions on a headset??

Thanks

I'm not certain I could ever say there is any "Ultimate" headset for your application because you mention using it on the road (in car I assume) and in the gym, which means you need stereo for the gym and media, but single ear for legality on the road. With that said I think there are two options you may want to consider: First, an in-car bluetooth solution that stays installed in the car with a visor mount mic for full hands-free. This option is great if you use the same car all the time and are not worried about privacy since passengers can hear everything. The second option would be the one I use- an earpiece bluetooth handsfree (a Jawbone in my case) which you can use in car, etc. and I trade it out for a full bluetooth stereo headset at the gym which also has a mic to take a call if I am so inclined.

One of the product brands my company sells is Scosche, so just yesterday I bought a set of the Scosche HZ5 TuneStream stereo headset to use at the gym and after using them last night I think you may find it perfect for your needs, well your gym use needs anyway.
HZ5.jpg

The HZ5 is an over the head style which I normally do not like, but since I wear glasses I have found this is more comfortable than the type that hook on the ear and sit on the outside. The weight is light enough that I don't notice it, and it has a slightly grippy texture so it doesn't move around when I run the treadmill or pedal the bike hard. The cool thing about this set is it has AVRCP control functionality so you can change tracks and volume on the Droid right from the headset.

Now I noticed a couple things about this right off the bat. First, I have several music apps and they conflicted when I first tried to use the headset. The buttons on the headset automatically launched Meridian while I was trying to use the stock Music player. I discovered this is due to the fact that each application I installed had the "Enable Headset Button" setting turned on by default.
4257392638_0d57bca841_o.jpg

This means that if you have multiple music apps as I do, they are all fighting for use of the headset button. Even though the Meridian app wasn't running, the headset button automatically "woke" it up and began playing over the top of the Music player app. By the way, the stock Music player app does not have this headset button functionality (nor does Pandora as I just tested) so I switched to TuneWiki, turned the headset button control off for all other apps except TuneWiki and all is well.

As for sound quality, the Scosche HZ5's actually sound pretty decent. They're not gonna win any sound quality contests, but they beat the hell out of the Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds I was using- this headset actually has some bass response! Plus, if someone calls while working out I have the option of taking the call with a simple button press on the headset. Until I got the HZ5's, I had to take my Droid out of my arm band holder (so the mic was not covered) in order to take calls, then fight with the slightly undersized holder to get the Droid back in. This is were the HZ5's are awesome- no more wires snagging on the machines, or pulling out of my ears when the cord catches my towel while wiping my face. Plus, I don't have to wake up the Droid, twist the armband to see the display, unlock the screen, and then hit the application to change songs- I just hit the button on the headset to skip to the next song.

You can check the HZ5's on Scosche's website here: iPod & iPhone Accessories Earphones tuneSTREAM - Bluetooth Headphones or at our site here: TuneSTREAM Bluetooth Headphones - HZ5 by: Scosche - iPodCarParts.com:. If you want a set just PM me and I'll give you a discount code I made for forum members.

donibee

Reaction score
i have the oakley o rokr pro s best headset ever but they are sunglassess i work outside for phone company (verizon) i do phone cable work with load truckd and equipment and i hear great you can listen to your music also they have a answer button volume up and down fast foward rewind play and pause on the glassess in stereo very loud you can order them from www.oakley.com and goto electronics they will cost you $249.00 but worth it for driving and outside work i own two pairs the best also the electronics in glassess are motorola

Last edited:

blaze4

Reaction score
Mi-Sport VBT. The ultimate bluetooth headphones for the gym

The best solution to listen to music wirelessly but stay connected to your phone is here: Wearable Bluetooth Stereo headset + built in Waterproof Mp3 Player
You can put 4gb worth of music directly onto the headphones, [therefore no signal drop out and great depth of bass] get voice cues to guide you through playlists and albums, but still stay linked to your phone for calls via the bluetooth. It`s also fully waterproof for the gym - or swimming. For me, this is far better.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
The best solution to listen to music wirelessly but stay connected to your phone is here: Wearable Bluetooth Stereo headset + built in Waterproof Mp3 Player
You can put 4gb worth of music directly onto the headphones, [therefore no signal drop out and great depth of bass] get voice cues to guide you through playlists and albums, but still stay linked to your phone for calls via the bluetooth. It`s also fully waterproof for the gym - or swimming. For me, this is far better.

sounds cool but with one post and the fact this isnt available yet and you stated you have it already...makes me wonder.

JohnAP2

Reaction score

Gee - wonder if this guy works for the company :icon_ owned:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jabra 3030
. Ive had one for a few years . though its a dog tag style you can add your own earbuds for a truly personal fit and as a heavy sweater I can tell ya they ARE water/sweat proof, have a good sound, excellent range and battery life, dsp for talk and you can remove 1 bud if needed for driving
right now my Jawbone Icon is my do all but its a mono and I havent tried the sweat heavily test
hope that helps

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jabra 3030
. Ive had one for a few years . though its a dog tag style you can add your own earbuds for a truly personal fit and as a heavy sweater I can tell ya they ARE water/sweat proof, have a good sound, excellent range and battery life, dsp for talk and you can remove 1 bud if needed for driving
right now my Jawbone Icon is my do all but its a mono and I havent tried the sweat heavily test
hope that helps
Mark, I loved mine but it went belly up on me. Let me know if you ever see them for sale cheap because it's great while motorcycle riding.

Also, welcome to the Android world Mark!

carcrazygts2

Reaction score
I use a jawbone icon. It has been updated to support Bluetooth streaming. I use while I play billiards to listen to Pandora. It is mono tho.

blaze4

Reaction score
:) No Don`t work for them, but managed to get a sample they had been testing - I had bought an earlier product from them and was really keen to upgrade. Unfortunately I had to return it so I am waiting for the release also. It was a perfect solution for me though and fantastic quality.

blaze4

Reaction score

Gee - wonder if this guy works for the company :icon_ owned:

:) No Don`t work for them, but managed to get a sample they had been testing - I had bought an earlier product from them and was really keen to upgrade. Unfortunately I had to return it so I am waiting for the release also. It was a perfect solution for me though and fantastic quality.