Bluetooth Headset Reccomendation

Eddie Haskell

Reaction score
Looking for a headset, I have a Droid X but will probably go 4G in February and stay Motorola. I don't need anything fancy, just want a headset that works like it is supposed to. There are so many options and differing reviews, it's ridiculous! I just bought a Plantronics Voyager 520 and it stinks so I'm still looking. I would like to pay $50.00 or less but will pay whatever to get one that works flawlessly.
Any help out there? Oh and I don't want anything HUGE and over the ear is preferred.
Thank you very much :D

Reaction score
I would look into the Jawbone line. I have had my Icon for almost two years now and still love it. While a bit more than what you are looking to spend think about the fact that I've used it for so long. And this thing is loaded with cool features. Just food for thought. Oh and to give you a more detailed timeline I bought it when I bought my Droid 1... the day it was released.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

rayr0d

Reaction score
Looking for a headset, I have a Droid X but will probably go 4G in February and stay Motorola. I don't need anything fancy, just want a headset that works like it is supposed to. There are so many options and differing reviews, it's ridiculous! I just bought a Plantronics Voyager 520 and it stinks so I'm still looking. I would like to pay $50.00 or less but will pay whatever to get one that works flawlessly.
Any help out there? Oh and I don't want anything HUGE and over the ear is preferred.
Thank you very much :D

have you looked into the Motorola H17txt Bluetooth headset with Motospeak? - You could find them online around your price range.

Another good one is the Blueant Q2 - also within your price range.

As far as Jawbone - Very popular quality bluetooth headsets - depending whether or not you need HD sound quality - You could find the Jawbone Icon around your price range.

Don't blame you for being overwhelmed with all the types of BT out there - I suggest at the end, finding something that would deliver what you want out of your BT at the same time, consider comfort factor. The ones I mentioned above are in your price range and add's features that will play well with your Droid X and your next smartphone.

Good Luck!

Can't knock Plantronics - the OG of Bluetooth Headsets - your model is one of the most popular and good basic headset but is a far cry from delivering the quality that you are looking for. It is what it is - delivering the basics in bluetooth headsets.

OP
E

Eddie Haskell

Reaction score
the Plantronics had a crackle right out of the box with my phone inches away from it, took off the case (Otter Box Defender), same thing. I tried it on my girlfriends POS phone and it sounds great so guess who got a new headset :) I have a Samsung BT headset that works pretty good but in a noisy situation doesn't get loud enough for these old ears, plus the ear hook broke several times so I stole one off of a freebie I got from somewhere, it works but not very well.
I'm very close to ordering a Jawbone "Era" and it is only a bit above my price range so what the hell, Merry Christmas to me. It has several good reviews and Darkstar recommended Jawbone so...

Reaction score
Glad I could be of assistance. Mytalk is pretty neat as well. You can add apps to your phone. Add that to the fact that Jawbone released an android application (free) that allows you to monitor your battery from the status bar and change you bt button functions. I can safely say my next bt will be a Jawbone.

Reaction score
Oh and the Era isn't exactly small. If you want something more compact look at the Icon or one of the similar bt's.

OP
E

Eddie Haskell

Reaction score
I ordered the Era, when I said I wanted small, I meant I didn't want a stick for a microphone. I was wondering if there was an Android App for the Jawbone, sounds like it's all good. It will be here tomorrow so I'll let you know how I like it. Thanks

Reaction score
Lol I gotcha. Some of them do look pretty ridiculous. Looking forward to reading your review.

OP
E

Eddie Haskell

Reaction score
The unit itself works very well, I just have to figure out the best way to hold it in my ear. I am still trying to figure the ears connections out. My old one had a simple ear loop, this one has lots of options and I'm still searching for what's best for me.

Reaction score
I'm glad you're pleased with it. And don't feel bad, it took me some time to figure out the right combo for my ear as well. I finally settled on the largest rubber lobe. Later on once the rubber broke in I added the medium loop. And if you ever lose a piece they sell replacement kits fairly cheap. Have you played with the MyTalk yet?

OP
E

Eddie Haskell

Reaction score
Played with "MYTALK" a bit but I don't really need anything but the defaults. I did add some caller ID info for people that call a lot but other than that it's default. Still struggling to find the right ear attachment, seems one is too big and the other too small, trying not to use the ear hook but may have to.

Reaction score
Played with "MYTALK" a bit but I don't really need anything but the defaults. I did add some caller ID info for people that call a lot but other than that it's default. Still struggling to find the right ear attachment, seems one is too big and the other too small, trying not to use the ear hook but may have to.

I'm sorry to hear. Though I'm sure once you get comfortable you will be more then happy. It took me a bit as well but now I forget it's there.

Rishabh Bansal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Redmi Note 5 Pro
Hey, I would suggest you JBL T450BT Extra Bass Bluetooth Headset with Mic.

You can check it out. And if by chance if you don't like it, check out the list of the list of *mod edit link removed *
You will find one suitable for you!

Have Fun :)

Last edited by a moderator: