Droid 2 and Plantronics headset

klippety

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Droid 2. I have a Plantronics over the head headset with a 2.5 mm plug. The Droid 2 has a 3.5 mm headset jack. I have been to Radio Shack and they tell me they do not have the appropriate adapter to make both the single earpiece and the microphone of the headset work.

Can anyone suggest an appropriate adapter for this type of headset. I love my Plantronics head set and don't want to give it up and buy a new one.

Thanks,

Ted

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Take a look over here at monoprice.com. I did a search and I do see some adapters. Check out the whole page it's about half way down.

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!
Direct link:
For only $1.04 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 3.5mm Stereo Plug(Male) to 2.5mm Stereo Jack(Female) adapter | Audio/Video Adapters

The only potential concern is that this is stereo on both ends. Your headset is probably mono with mic and the Droid is stereo with mic. FWIW, a Droid user posted a favorable review.

Last edited:

telforddorr

Reaction score
Did a little research on headset adapters, and posted a webpage on the results: http://droidsecrets.webs.com. Tells you what you need to do to make your own 2.5 mm headset adapter for the Droid2.

Last edited: