Hands Free Headset (nonBT) recommendations?

WebFeat

Reaction score
Just got a Droid... had an LG Voyager before and liked how I could use a hands-free headset.

The Droid uses a 3.5mm plug where the Voyager used the more standard 2.5mm. plug.

Now I'm having a hard time finding a headset that will work... just went to Staples and picked up a GE headset w/3.5mm. plug... but I get nothing in the earpiece... the boom does pickup my voice, however.

I don't want to use Bluetooth since it's pretty much like putting a microwave up to your head... anyone know of a good hands free headset with 3.5mm plug that will work?

Thanks,
Ant

cyber3d

Reaction score
what is your price range? For highend goto Shure. Their corded units - the great ones - are in the 150.00 and up range. I have one and the sound is superior. The mute controller button is a bit large however.

Brandon314159

Reaction score
Tin foil hat?

0.02Watt (bluetooth) versus 700Watt (microwave)?

I'd be more concerned with the phone in your pocket near ones crotch. :)

Poke around in the ham radio/FRS radio market. A lot of them use a combo headset/mic configuration in the 3.5mm standard. Maybe radio-shack or somewhere that sells those 14channel FRS radios?

Shooshi

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of moto rokr e20 (in-ear buds) from fry's a couple days ago for 20 bucks. It has decent sound and the button on the mic will pause/play your music from your droid. They also had the e25 for 20 bucks that came in three colors, but they weren't in-ear buds, just regular earbuds.

JoeProcopio

Reaction score
Check out ultimate ears....wonderful company. They replaced a faulty set of headhones with a handsfree wired headset for my Droid for free..the new ones cost almost twice as much....and with free shipping to boot. I believe they were the metrofi 220vi....80 bucks maybe... if they're in your price range..they are well worth it. Not sure sure how much the shure ones are since I was returning a set and wasn't looking to buy anything else.

Last edited: