Wired headset adapter, or new headset

pattib

Reaction score
I have an old Jabra Earwave wired headset that I absolutely love. Of course, it has a 2.5mm plug, and doesn't work with the Droid. I've tried bluetooth headsets, and I hate them-- having to keep one more thing charged just drives me crazy. I picked up a cheap 2.5mm F/3.5mm M adapter on Ebay, but it doesn't work with the microphone.

Can anyone recommend a specific adapter that will let me use the Jabra for calls? Failing that, can you recommend an over-the-ear wired headset with boom that works well? I hate earbuds, so most of the ones I see are right out.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're buying an adapter for a wired headset you need to make sure that the adapter is suited for a headset. A quick and dirty way to do this is to look at the plug on your headset and the plug on your adapter. They need to have the same number of black rings.

2.5mm and 3.5mm plugs can be mono (one black ring), stereo (two black rings) and possibly more, IIRC.

OP
P

pattib

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Stars, neither of those is at all what I wanted-- I hate bluetooth headsets because I hate charging them, and earbuds make me crazy.

I finally solved the problem by going into a Verizon store yesterday and asking if they had an adapter. The clerk dove behind the counter, handed me one, and sent me on my way... no charge. I didn't expect that!

stars1

Reaction score
Okay, if the problem was solved, then congratulations!

OpalCat

Reaction score
I'd like a non-earbud wired headset, too... does anyone know a good one that works with the Droid without an adapter?