Two facebook notifications

celtic11

Reaction score
Everytime I get a facebook message, I get two notifications. One is black and one is blue and they bring up different screens. Im guessing one is due to the facebook account being set up in "my accounts" and the other because of the app?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I don't think so. I have mine configured similarly and don't get two notifications.

OP
celtic11

celtic11

Reaction score
I don't have facebook messaging app installed, but in the native catch all "messaging" app I do seem to have facebook synced in there too.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

beyondreprieve

Reaction score
If you are getting the blue notification, then you do have FB messenger. I had the same problem. When you get the blue, and don't want it, open it, then choose menu from your phone, then settings. If I remember correctly, from there you can disable it. If I don't, just go into your apps and remove it. One of those worked for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

grnidkjun

Reaction score
I have this same issue, I previously uninstalled the fb messenger but still get both notifications. I've just removed the fb app as well to see if that gets rid of one since I use the browser anyway.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
If you are getting the blue notification, then you do have FB messenger. I had the same problem. When you get the blue, and don't want it, open it, then choose menu from your phone, then settings. If I remember correctly, from there you can disable it. If I don't, just go into your apps and remove it. One of those worked for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FB messengers LED notifications are green. The official facebook app itself is blue. He probably has the motoblur facebook set up as well. Just get rid of one of the two and you should be set.

grnidkjun

Reaction score
that is what it ended up being on mine, I had motoblur linked as wellas installed the app.
uninstalling the app took care of it.