Facebook WILL NOT sync with contacts. PLEASE HELP!

quiksilver225

Reaction score
i just upgraded from my OG Droid 1 to the new droid 3. so far im liking the new phone, but im absolutely hating the fact that i cant get facebook to sync with my contacts. My gmail contacts, calendar, etc all synced immediately from my gmail account. i then added my facebook account, but it is not syncing with my contacts. no contact photos, no employer info, no email addresses. nothing! i have tried everything i can think of. i went into display options and checked facebook contacts, it added no one. i tried to uninstall/reinstall, nothing. i tried to redownload facebook, nothing. i tried to remove account, then add it again, nothing. i treid to use the phone's "social Networking" app, nothing. On my Droid 1 i was always prompted after adding a facebook account to "Sync all Contacts", this phone did not present the option. If someone has solved this problem or at least has experienced it please let me know. i feel like im all alone on this one right now.

KidCuda

Reaction score
Google stopped support for that with 2.3, correct me if I'm wrong. You would have to use a thrid party app to sync anything facebook-contact related (which I'm opposed to). I'm sure other people have plenty of suggestions.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Look under Settings, Accounts for a facebook account. If it isn't there, add it.

OP
Q

quiksilver225

Reaction score
Syncmy pix is trash. It attempted about 25% of my contaacts and then it mixed some of them up

OP
Q

quiksilver225

Reaction score
so no other suggestions or posssible solutions? everyone is really just using their phone w/o facebook photos synced and you are all just fine with it?...

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
so no other suggestions or posssible solutions? everyone is really just using their phone w/o facebook photos synced and you are all just fine with it?...

All my Facebook contacts are photo synced....so no, I'm not using my phone w/o photos synced.

Sent from my Viewsonic 10" GTab...GTabComb

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Go back to my original suggestion. I'm using the market app and sync my facebook contacts using Accounts. I've tested the effect on battery power and it is minimal.

OP
Q

quiksilver225

Reaction score
I have had this phone for 4 days and now my contacts are suddenly synced w/ facebook. Dunno how it happed, but im glad it did. I guess it just took a few days... lol

lotzakritters

Reaction score
Look under Settings, Accounts for a facebook account. If it isn't there, add it.

Mine, syncs as long as I am logged into my facebook account. if you aren't logged in you won't see them in your contacts. I have lost all my contact before, so now I save them to my Sim card and a full copy on my sd card. Just saying

Sent from my DROID3

Ebfly21

Reaction score
i just upgraded from my OG Droid 1 to the new droid 3. so far im liking the new phone, but im absolutely hating the fact that i cant get facebook to sync with my contacts. My gmail contacts, calendar, etc all synced immediately from my gmail account. i then added my facebook account, but it is not syncing with my contacts. no contact photos, no employer info, no email addresses. nothing! i have tried everything i can think of. i went into display options and checked facebook contacts, it added no one. i tried to uninstall/reinstall, nothing. i tried to redownload facebook, nothing. i tried to remove account, then add it again, nothing. i treid to use the phone's "social Networking" app, nothing. On my Droid 1 i was always prompted after adding a facebook account to "Sync all Contacts", this phone did not present the option. If someone has solved this problem or at least has experienced it please let me know. i feel like im all alone on this one right now.

I had the droid 3 and just got a replacement droid3. I logged into the faceook app that was on the homescreen and it automatically put it into the My Account section. It wouldnt sync for me either. None of the forums give an answer besides using a 3rd party sync app. I went to Accounts, then removed the Facebook account, then Add Account and added the facebook one back in, logged in and hit Next. And then it took a while, but it synced all my contact. (Also not sure why, but both of my Droid3s had 2 Facebook Symbols under Add Account. I chose the smaller FB Square logo. The larger square wouldnt even go to the login screen.) Try that.