Push Notifications

J24

Reaction score
I'm wondering why I don't ever get phone notifications from the facebook app, twitter app, words with friends, or any other app that you should get notifications from, Gmail being the only exception.

On facebook, my notifications in the app itself only even show up if I actually open the facebook app and then let it refresh.

I have notifications turned on in all these apps, yet I never get any. If anyone knows anything I'd be grateful.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
The only notification I've ever gotten from the facebook app is when someone sends me a message in Facebook.

OP
J24

J24

Reaction score
Yeah. I've gotten a message notification once or twice for a facebook message, but nothing else. Wish I could get more though...

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Yeah. I've gotten a message notification once or twice for a facebook message, but nothing else. Wish I could get more though...

You might check your account settings in facebook and see if there are options there to send an email for the things you'd like to get notified on.

OP
J24

J24

Reaction score
Oh well I get emails all the time, I was just hoping there was a way to get notification much like the iphone has.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I don't use those apps, but I used to use Words With Friends and it notified without issue.

A lot of things could cause this. Make sure:

phone settings > battery & data manager > battery mode > performance mode

phone settings > battery & data manager > data saver > OFF

phone settings > battery & data manager > data delivery > background data > CHECKED

phone settings > battery & data manager > data delivery > data enabled > CHECKED

phone settings > battery & data manager > data delivery > social applications > sync over wifi only > UNCHECKED

phone settings > battery & data manager > data delivery > social applications > data delivery frequency > automatic (push)

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I don't use those apps, but I used to use Words With Friends and it notified without issue.

A lot of things could cause this. Make sure:

phone settings > battery & data manager > battery mode > performance mode

phone settings > battery & data manager > data saver > OFF

phone settings > battery & data manager > data delivery > background data > CHECKED

phone settings > battery & data manager > data delivery > data enabled > CHECKED

phone settings > battery & data manager > data delivery > social applications > sync over wifi only > UNCHECKED

phone settings > battery & data manager > data delivery > social applications > data delivery frequency > automatic (push)

I don't think the facebook app has the ability. I've had all these settings at various times and never received the alerts.

OP
J24

J24

Reaction score
Does it not have the ability or is it just on the droid3? Because like I said I don't get words with friends notifications either. And I'm pretty sure the Droid 2 got facebook notifications other than just new messages.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Have you set all of the settings that I listed? Do you have Juice Defender or auto task killer or antivirus or security software or something funky installed?

OP
J24

J24

Reaction score
I did. All those settings were set and still nothing. I had juice defender but I don't now.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Here's something to try. Long-press to add a widget to one of your home screens. You need a blank space 1 high that goes all the way across the screen.

long-press > widget > Power Control

This will put the power control widget on your screen. Make sure that the two arrows in a circle are turned on. (Second to last icon.) You can then delete the widget.

As I mentioned earlier I don't use any of the apps that you listed so there's a possibility that the apps don't support push on the Droid 3 (although, that seems very odd).

WIFI router firewall could be a culprit. The apps don't happen to update on 3G do they?

Bulhedd

Reaction score
Does anyone know what others apps, besides Dolphin Browser, force those dumbass push notification adds? Like, click here if you want to win a free iPad, type of adds? I can't stand that crap, and I'm trying to narrow a list of possible suspects. I didn't even install Dolphin Browser on the Razr because I remember it doing that crap on my X2.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Use air push detector and you'll find out which apps are causing it.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!