facebook help

Mike7380s

Reaction score
I set up a Droid eris today and synced with google account and then the phone asked me if I wanted to sync with facebook, twitter, etc. I chose facebook and signed in. I then went to look fo the facebook app and could not find it. I went to the settings and clicked accounts. My facebook was still set up but I cannot see where to access it from...Does htc have facebook embedded into the eris differently that the Moto droid? Please help.

Stigy

Reaction score
I believe that the way to access Facebook on the Eris is via a widget.

Menu > Add > Widget > Facebook(?)

I have not used Sense UI so I am not 100% positive how it works. I need to load it into the emulator to take a tour of it so I can help people with the Eris.

OP
Mike7380s

Mike7380s

Reaction score
Facebook on the eris

I did not see a facebook widget on the phone. I know that HTC software on the android os is slightly different than the Droid by Moto.

lauranyc

Reaction score
i had to download the facebook app in the market...just type in facebook for android and download that one..the widget preinstalled on the phone isnt the full app and will only show status updates and nothing more...so download the app for the market its free

braithewaite

Reaction score
I also had to download a Facebook app from the Droid Market before having ready access to FB on my Eris. Once I did that, things were fine.

MelWright

Reaction score
I have the droid, but they way my facebook app worked was click on the menu button and add shortcut, then go into apps, and simply click facebook, and it adds it to the homepage! Hope that helps

droideris

Reaction score
The widget is one of the drop downs. I downloaded mine from the Android market.

dbsf2004

Reaction score
Still a newbie here - so please be patient:) When i login facebook it starts up with all the newsfeeds. Then i go touch the facebook word and it brings up screen that has the 9 boxes that say news feeds, profiles, friends,messages,nearby etc... So then i click on newfeeds ans it just says loading and try again. How do i get back to newsfeeds?

justin482005

Reaction score
sounds like it was a bad download i would uninstall the app and install it back but you can always use your back button to get back to the news feed also
Still a newbie here - so please be patient:) When i login facebook it starts up with all the newsfeeds. Then i go touch the facebook word and it brings up screen that has the 9 boxes that say news feeds, profiles, friends,messages,nearby etc... So then i click on newfeeds ans it just says loading and try again. How do i get back to newsfeeds?

spillner

Reaction score
The facebook app is really hit or miss. Try Friendcaster, its a facebook app clone that offers a little bit more and has a nice interface, it syncs with your existing facebook account.