Turbo 2 Screen Protector?

Clamshell

Reaction score
Verizon rep. recommended I get a additional screen protector as the plastic scratches. Is this BS or legit? Anyone doing this? Overkill? Rep. trying to help me spend money?
I wanted to take advantage of the weekend promo but the local store only had stock on the leather back which I didn't want. Waiting for stock to come in.

I'd be upgrading from a Droid Maxx. Verizon has offered me $400 off. $200 trade in, $100 for Device payment plan, $100 off for upgrade promo. Promo offered didn't exclude upgrades like most other current promos mention. Too good to pass up imho. I'm 2 months short of contract expiration with unlimited data.
I'll do this if I can keep my unlimited data feature. I suspect there will be a gotcha in the ordering system when we go to do this. I wasn't able to do it online.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I work in landscaping and have been using the T2 for just over 3 weeks. I had a rock or something come up and ding the screen. I always keep it in a pocket alone but the only thing I can place that ding with would be a rock. It almost looks like the T2 has a soft layer for the shatter shield. I still don't run a screen protector as I don't see it necessary. Very tough screen. Just get a good case and you should be good to go. I've been super happy with it and I came from the Maxx also. The leather is really soft leather like napa leather almost. I could see it taring fairly easy. IMO a good case is the only thing you need

Sent from my T2

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This is just my opinion, but I am using basic screen protectors on my phone and my wife's. The new shatter shield is a 5 layer system. The outer layer is basically a thick screen protector, but it has to be in place at all times or you void your 4 year warranty. That outer layer is meant to take the scratches and save the inner layers. It's $29.99 to buy an approved outer layer from Moto. It will scratch, that's what it is there for. I bought the 3 pack of basic screen protectors for $9.99 and have one spare. That's cheaper than replacing the $29.99 outer layer if it scratches. Just my 2 cents worth.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I have always used screen protectors. With my last two phones, and now my T2, I use the Verizon Flexible Glass screen protector. A perfect fit on the T2, and some great extra protection.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I too,put a flexible glass screen protector over mine...protect that investment... And it's in an otter box commuter.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
VZW and zagg both has the tempered glass screen protectors. I would order from zagg if it were me

Sent from my T2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Verizons is a name brand protector as well..one thing I noticed.. The cheaper thick plastic protector on the phone from the factory ..seems easily peeled up..so when you out your glass protector on..be careful..