ok i am sure many of you are facing this same problem ...

OP
P

pwjewell

Reaction score
It has been confirmed by several sites that if you preorder the SG3 before June 28, you keep unlimited. Any purchase of the sg3 ON or AFTER June 28, and you lose unlimited.

$100 discount does not work on preorders

Right. I understand the promo not working for the preorder. But if the SGS3 is for sale on the 28th, then the promo will work. So will it be for sale on June 28th? If this isnt true, my original plan posted on the first page is screwed.

If not, I just need to pre-order the SGS3 without the promo, which is going to cut into my money for the Razr Maxx HD.

Last edited:

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
Right. I understand the promo not working for the preorder. But if the SGS3 is for sale on the 28th, then the promo will work. So will it be for sale on June 28th? If this isnt true, my original plan posted on the first page is screwed.
If not, I just need to pre-order the SGS3 without the promo, which is going to cut into my money for the Razr Maxx HD.

You may be confusing "on sale"... the SGS3 won't be available in stores until at least July 10... the only way to "purchase" one before that date from Verizon is to pre-order it.
Now, June 28 has nothing to do with the SGS3 itself, it's just the date that Verizon introduces it's shared data plans. NEW customers on or after 6/28 won't have any choice, they will be put on the shared data plans. Existing customers can keep their current plans, with the exception of unlimited data for subsidized phones. So june 27 is the last day you can pre-order the SGS3 and pay the subsidized $199 - $249 price AND keep unlimited data if you already had it. If you upgrade on or after June 28, the only way to keep unlimited data is to pay full retail price for whatever smartphone you want.
This is why some folks are advocating upgrading to SGS3 now to keep their unlimited data, then selling it for near-retail price to pay the retail price of the Razr HD, thus getting the phone they want and keeping unlimited data.
Or you can do what this guy is planning:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-after-june-28-still-keep-unlimited-data.html

OP
P

pwjewell

Reaction score
You may be confusing "on sale"... the SGS3 won't be available in stores until at least July 10... the only way to "purchase" one before that date from Verizon is to pre-order it.
Now, June 28 has nothing to do with the SGS3 itself, it's just the date that Verizon introduces it's shared data plans. NEW customers on or after 6/28 won't have any choice, they will be put on the shared data plans. Existing customers can keep their current plans, with the exception of unlimited data for subsidized phones. So june 27 is the last day you can pre-order the SGS3 and pay the subsidized $199 - $249 price AND keep unlimited data if you already had it. If you upgrade on or after June 28, the only way to keep unlimited data is to pay full retail price for whatever smartphone you want.
This is why some folks are advocating upgrading to SGS3 now to keep their unlimited data, then selling it for near-retail price to pay the retail price of the Razr HD, thus getting the phone they want and keeping unlimited data.
Or you can do what this guy is planning:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-after-june-28-still-keep-unlimited-data.html

Yeah that guy is pretty tricky. I might try something like that, I have a line on my account that is coming up for an upgrade too. Funny, its my mother.. I need to talk to a CSR and figure out what I have to do.

Just want my HD. If I cant do anything, I think I might just skip out on the SGS3. Does not seem durable enough like the Razr Maxx. Battery issues too.