Motorola Lists Devices That Will Get Jelly Bean & Shares Trade-In Phone Details Too

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-jb-phone-update-list.png

Here's another piece of exciting news from late Friday. In case you missed it, during the announcement of the Motorola Droid RAZR HD, (as well as the MAXX version & RAZR M), Moto indicated that not all Moto devices would eventually be moved to Jelly Bean. Because of that, they are offering a trade-in program for your old device, in which they give you $100 bucks back if you buy one of the newer ones that is scheduled to get Jelly Bean. Here was their statement,

If we don’t upgrade your phone to Jelly Bean, we don’t want you to miss out. Buy a select new Motorola smartphone, trade in your old phone, and we’ll give you $100 back. So you always enjoy the best from us.

On Friday, they not only listed the upgrade path of which phones could be purchased and turned in in order to receive the credit, but they also shared a list of which phones will be getting Jelly Bean. This, of course indirectly indicates which ones will not get it as well. The good news is that several great phones are scheduled to get Jelly Bean! In fact, several of the newer phones, like the RAZR HD will supposedly get Jelly Bean before the end of the year. Above is the list of phones that will get JB, and below is the upgrade path list for the $100 buy-back credit.

moto-upgrade-path-buyback-program.png

Thanks for the tip, sargentmajord!

Source: Motorola

tpence2177

Reaction score
Re: Motorola Lists Devices Will Get Jelly Bean & Shares Trade-In Phone Details Too

How long is the $100 for? We upgraded to the DROID 3 last year and wont be able to upgrade again until july of 2013?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think they specified a time-frame. I would suspect it will be good at least until the end of next year, but don't hold me to that. Can anyone confirm this?

tpence2177

Reaction score
That would be nice lol im definitely not going to pay full price for one. Even with the $100 off

swc2001

Reaction score
I can not believe that the OG Razr the Droid 4 and Bionic are all getting Jelly Bean.
Thats Hysterical.

tpence2177

Reaction score
I bet there are a lot of happy bionic owners lol.

tpence2177

Reaction score
: Motorola Lists Devices That Will Get Jelly Bean & Shares Trade-In Phone Details Too

Lol they got to let you enjoy ICS for a while :D

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Been keeping up with this news for the past few days......

The Atrix 2 not getting it? Luv ya phones Moto, but whats up with that? Some of the phones on this list dont belong. This list isnt and doesnt sit well with some folks. I think Moto might have permanently lost some customers with this. This is bigger and more damaging than encrypted bootloaders IMO.