[Rumor] Verizon May Soon Offer $100 Credit on New Lines Between Feb 7th and Feb 28th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon_shiny-star-logo.jpeg

Could this be one of the first signs that T-Mobile's new marketing blitz is having an affect on Verizon as well as AT&T? It looks like Big Red is getting ready to offer a fairly competitive promotion to lure in new customers. Between February 7th and February 28th if you sign up with a new two year contract and activate a new line with a smartphone or mobile data device, Verizon will offer you a $100 credit that will be applied on your third billing cycle.

On top of that, if you sign up before February 17th, you will also get an activation fee exemption. This tacks on an additional savings of $35 bucks. This may not be as big as what T-Mobile is doing, or what AT&T did for a month, but it's still something a bit out of the ordinary for Verizon. The promo should be kicking off sometime today.

What do you guys think of this promo from Big Red?

Source: Ubergizmo

Reaction score
The waived activation fee is true. It is for ALL devices, smartphones, jetpacks, new lines, upgrades, home phone connects...
I have not heard anything yet on the 100$ bill credit yet.

Vz Sales, Warsaw, NY.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Not enough yet, I still plan on switching to At&t next Friday. Have to wait for Nexus 5 and Moto X to get here.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Whoopty-do Verizon. How about matching ATTs current family plan prices??

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not enough yet, I still plan on switching to At&t next Friday. Have to wait for Nexus 5 and Moto X to get here.

Been on at&t for almost 2 years and I have not looked back. Though at&t is trying to mirror vzw as much as possible while being cheap enough to say "we are not as expensive as those guys over there" you have the option of buying a nexus or unlocked device which is what separates them from vzw.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Tmobile is still the best deal out there!!!! Gotta do better Verizon to lure me back!!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Been on at&t for almost 2 years and I have not looked back. Though at&t is trying to mirror vzw as much as possible while being cheap enough to say "we are not as expensive as those guys over there" you have the option of buying a nexus or unlocked device which is what separates them from vzw.

Yep, I am paying $202 right now with tax for 2 smartphones and 1 dummy phone and sharing 4GB of data. That is after my 25% discount. We can dump the dummy phone and just have two smartphones with Att for $130 plus tax, and we get to share 10GB of data.

Only thing I think I will lose is the hotspot right? Verizon share everything includes that, Att does not to my knowledge.

Red Droid

Reaction score
Yep, I am paying $202 right now with tax for 2 smartphones and 1 dummy phone and sharing 4GB of data. That is after my 25% discount. We can dump the dummy phone and just have two smartphones with Att for $130 plus tax, and we get to share 10GB of data.

Only thing I think I will lose is the hotspot right? Verizon share everything includes that, Att does not to my knowledge.

A friend of mine just went to the $130 10GB plan yesterday. I believe it includes the tethering.

Johnnie008

Reaction score
Not Good Enough!

If V wants to beat their competitors to death bring back unlimited data plans and make available on all devices including Tablets!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well made the switch today, walked into an At&t store just to check it out and he made it too good to pass up. We were able to use my wife's Moto X on their network, so that was just a sim card switch.

They gave me $335 for my Note 3, and I have a red Nexus 5 on order.

Walked out of the store with a Nokia Lumia 1520, just to have something to use until the Nexus gets here. Will return the Nokia within the 14 day period at no charge.

Paid nothing today, our new bill is $130 a month + tax. We have a credit of $270 going on our first bill, plus another $200 after we stay for 90 days. Plan includes 10GB of data, including tethering, and unlimited talk and text.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well made the switch today, walked into an At&t store just to check it out and he made it too good to pass up. We were able to use my wife's Moto X on their network, so that was just a sim card switch.

They gave me $335 for my Note 3, and I have a red Nexus 5 on order.

Walked out of the store with a Nokia Lumia 1520, just to have something to use until the Nexus gets here. Will return the Nokia within the 14 day period at no charge.

Paid nothing today, our new bill is $130 a month + tax. We have a credit of $270 going on our first bill, plus another $200 after we stay for 90 days. Plan includes 10GB of data, including tethering, and unlimited talk and text.
looks like AT&T is desperate to add new customers.