Trying to decide on upgrade. Bionic, Charge, or?...

hydro556

Reaction score
I have had my Droid Incredible for a long time and it has been a great phone. Have been eligible for an upgrade for awhile and decided to finally upgrade to something new.

I made a snap decision and ordered a Bionic that should be here Tuesday. I have the 14 day period and have started second guessing myself. Wondering if I should have gone with the Charge for the Amoled screen.

I think both phones do all that I need, but screen quality is pretty important to me. Should I get the Charge instead? Other phones to consider? I want to stay within the Android line for sure, so I dont plan on getting an Iphone.

What do you guys think?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
If you're choosing from what is currently available, Bionic is the only way to go. If you can wait until the end of the year, you should have other comparable choices.

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
Right now if I was forced to pick I would get the bionic. I would want to wait till December to see what's out though.

Rocken that SSX 2.1 !

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
The Bionic should be here Tuesday. I will mess with it for a week or so and then decide. If I absolutely love it, I will just keep it.

Aguy at work has the Charge, and I dig the screen.. Havent gotten to really see the Bionic screen, so I hope it is great too. The guy I do know with the Charge doesnt seem particularly happy with the speed and other factors on the Charge, but they are likely both more than I need.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^The Bionic is very fast. Faster than my Droid X was overclocked to 1.2ghz Are you going to root the phone?

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
I doubt I will root it, I never have my Droid Incredible.

Never really found the need.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're keen on screen quality and like the Charge's screen, then you'll be disappointed with the Bionic's.

Definitely give it a test run, but within 2 months you'll have a few more options with some screens comparable to the Charge's but with better hardware.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
But if you're outside a lot, nothing beats the Bionic's screen visibility in sunlight.

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
I want a screen that looks good, especially outside.

I dont have to have the best screen tech available, but if it looks like crap compared to my Incredible, I will probably send it back and try something else. Maybe this rumored Droid Prime?

One can never get caught up playing this game, but I want something that is bad ass right now, and sufficiently good to make it for 2 years.