Original Droid Showing It's Age: Upgrade Time

Hitman84

Reaction score
So My original Droid seems to be falling apart, keys are pressing in, can almost feel the pad giving out. Screen seems to be having issues no matter what rom I'm useing, trying to decide where to go with an upgrade.

My thoughts were either the X2, Charge or Incredible 2.

One thing that's factoring into this decision is the fact I'm in RI, we're not expecting 4g for a LONG time. The X2's Dual core is really tempting me. I was hoping to wait for the bionic but who knows when it'll show it's head.

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is most important to you?

Speed, ram, hdmi, 4g, physical buttons, screen quality and or call quality?

Sent from my fascinate

OP
H

Hitman84

Reaction score
What is most important to you?

Speed, ram, hdmi, 4g, physical buttons, screen quality and or call quality?

Sent from my fascinate

When I got the Droid I really wanted that physical keyboard but once I started using swype I almost never ever touched it. Have to admit a larger NICE screen really part of what I'd like. I don't make ALOT of calls, mainly text. as nice as 4g would be, I don't know that it's a priority with no 4g expected in RI for some time.

Welcome to the site, all of the phones you mentioned are great. It will be a tough decision. Oh fixed title spelling for ya!!
Thanks...and Thanks! haha I've actually been a member for quite a while, just don't post much.

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
IMO here are pros and cons of each. You should prolly go and try these phones out multiple times before you buy.

X2: looks sweet, should be fast but OS may not be optimized for dual core yet but it maybe in future. Interface is not speed optimized. Hdmi. I love big screens. Ram is low. In the future all phones will have 4g, this doesnt have it.

Charge: Old internals-Same as the fascinate, that being said they are not too bad. This will be a tad slower than x2. Has hdmi. Has 4g, you will be set when it comes. *edit this will be the slowest of the 3 phones, but not too slow.

Dinc2: Sense has a theme changer. Speed optimized interface and good ram. All around good internals. Smaller screen than the other 2+No hdmi+no 4g (deal breakers for me).

Keyboard is prolly good on all. I have swype on my fascinate but I still punch in most of the time instead of sliding.

Sent from my fascinate

Last edited:
OP
H

Hitman84

Reaction score
I upgrade nearly every year, so Im not so sure the 4g is an issue for me, since like I said who knows when RI will get 4g coverage...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well verizon makes you get a 2 year contract now. No more 1 year ones. You can by a phone at full retail if you dont want to be locked in. Otherwise you have to wait 20 months to upgrade.

Sent from my fascinate

OP
H

Hitman84

Reaction score
Well verizon makes you get a 2 year contract now. No more 1 year ones. You can by a phone at full retail if you dont want to be locked in. Otherwise you have to wait 20 months to upgrade.

Sent from my fascinate
did not know that, thanks for the info..

kookk

Reaction score
I got my x2 this morning and already I love it so much more than my og. Bigger screen is great, the colors are more vibrant, the phone is super fast, and rooting takes about a minute. Battery is great too.

My only complaint is that its not 4g but meh... not a huge issue for me or you apparently.

I think you'll be happily pleased with it of you get one

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
H

Hitman84

Reaction score
I got my x2 this morning and already I love it so much more than my og. Bigger screen is great, the colors are more vibrant, the phone is super fast, and rooting takes about a minute. Battery is great too.

My only complaint is that its not 4g but meh... not a huge issue for me or you apparently.

I think you'll be happily pleased with it of you get one

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Already Rooted huh? The Dual core is really whats pulling me that way, but Ill be really unhappy if the Bionic hits in a month or so...
There's still no real word if I'm not mistaken.

gsdreams

Reaction score
Where you are needing a phone now, I would go with the DX2, unless for some reason you are desperate for a front facing cam. It should easily last you two years.

OP
H

Hitman84

Reaction score
Where you are needing a phone now, I would go with the DX2, unless for some reason you are desperate for a front facing cam. It should easily last you two years.
This is where Im leaning unless some unexpected Bionic news shows up.

zman6900

Reaction score
dx 2 sounds great but you'll have 4g within 2 years. I just got the Charge and I love it. I called VZW and said I wanted to use my upgrade but I didn't like the 299.99 price tag and the lady gave me $100 in accessories for free. The window mount and the desktop dock with an extra battery.

I was near Detroit a few days ago and I decided to do a speedtest and I pulled in over 20/Mbps. Pure Awesomeness!

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
So My original Droid seems to be falling apart, keys are pressing in, can almost feel the pad giving out. Screen seems to be having issues no matter what rom I'm useing, trying to decide where to go with an upgrade.

My thoughts were either the X2, Charge or Incredible 2.

One thing that's factoring into this decision is the fact I'm in RI, we're not expecting 4g for a LONG time. The X2's Dual core is really tempting me. I was hoping to wait for the bionic but who knows when it'll show it's head.

Get a Motorola Atrix. Besides it's other attributes, it is incredibly EASY to root.

-Mike