Tried to get my Droid 1 replaced but they're out of stock (in store & warehouse)

OP
C

Crazy

Reaction score
Awww, I just got an e-mail saying they shipped me a certified like new Droid and should get it on Wednesday... oh well. I hope they run out of stock soon so I can at least get the Droid 2!!

R_G

Reaction score
Fed ex just came and gave me a droid. Date on the back 7/30

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Wow, really you had to send your old droid back? . They did the early upgrade but you still gave them your phone?

Turned your old device back in and pay $199?
It's getting deep in here....

Ya that was part of the deal, They gave me a $149.99 credit for it, so it cost me $149.99 for the Droid X - the $100 rebate, so in all actuality I paid $49 for the Droid X... or $199 depending on how you look at it. Either way, I have a brand new Droid X otw, and I dont have to worry about them sending me another defecto Droid.

OP
C

Crazy

Reaction score
Okay, so I got my 3rd Droid and it happened that the headphone jack/proximity sensor didn't even work!

So I called up VZW (again) and talked to this nice lady. She gave me her contact information saying she'll be my personal assistant from now on. She decided to send me another Droid and if that gives problems, then she'll talk about 'some alternative plan'.

So would that mean she might consider giving me an Incredible or X? ;)

Ludacrosse05

Reaction score
Okay, so I got my 3rd Droid and it happened that the headphone jack/proximity sensor didn't even work!

So I called up VZW (again) and talked to this nice lady. She gave me her contact information saying she'll be my personal assistant from now on. She decided to send me another Droid and if that gives problems, then she'll talk about 'some alternative plan'.

Droid Incredible or Droid X? Not gonna happen.

LG Ally or Motorola Devour? Take your pick.

OP
C

Crazy

Reaction score

I've seen some people get Incredibles and Droid X's if they argue with them enough.

I could just say something like "I paid $199 for my Droid 1 and want something that is the same value. Anything that is not a Droid shouldn't even be considered a replacement device."

Worth a try? Iono. I'm getting sick of these faulty Droid's I've been getting.

K

killabyte

Iono? Do people even speak English anymore since texting came along? Sad...

Ludacrosse05

Reaction score

I've seen some people get Incredibles and Droid X's if they argue with them enough.

I could just say something like "I paid $199 for my Droid 1 and want something that is the same value. Anything that is not a Droid shouldn't even be considered a replacement device."

Worth a try? Iono. I'm getting sick of these faulty Droid's I've been getting.

Some people say they got an Incredible or Droid X. There is no concrete evidence that this is the case. You may get the opportunity to purchase one, but they will not send you one as a straight replacement.

Unfortunately once Verizon offers you an Ally or Devour and you turn it down and say you'll keep your Droid they know that your Droid is in workable condition and there is no chance they will replace it with an Incredible or Droid X.

Keep the dream alive tho big guy.

bssappe

Reaction score
i went into the store to get my 3rd Droid 1 replaced & they said i would recieve my replacement in the mail. 2 days later i got a Droid 2 & i never heard a word from anyone. the Droid 2 was in the box along with a letter apologizing for the delay...(even though it had only been a day :)
I'm cool with that...

celborn

Reaction score
Can anyone else confirm the d2 as a replacement?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

johnzenobia

Reaction score
I am waiting for a replacement under verizon warranty and was concerned that they will send me a refurbed POS.

bssappe

Reaction score
Fyi

i haven't spoken with anyone else, this has happened to. so i'm not sure if it had something to do with the way the sales person at Verizon put in the request or what, but i never even mentioned that i would like a D2 or anything. i didnt even think i wanted it because i liked my Droid so much, but now I'm glad that I got it dancedroid

AngelaT

Reaction score
See your bump and raise you one

I'm expecting a replacement for my Droid 1 to arrive tomorrow. I'm so hoping to get a D2. Anyone hear if they're still sending them out?