Tried to get my Droid 1 replaced but they're out of stock (in store & warehouse)

erikfig

Reaction score
That's why I'm taking super extra care of My droid 1. No more droid 1 from now on. End of life according to Motorola and Verizon for the Droid 1.

korp

Reaction score
so the rep at the Verizon Wireless store said there is a slim chance they'll get more Droid 1's in the warehouse by next week (which I doubt) and if not, then a rep will contact me regarding an alternative phone.

Now the question is what could the alternative phone be? (P.S. No way in hell I want to get a HTC Droid Eris or Motorola Devour)

So iono... HTC Incredible or Droid X maybe? I hope so.

Thoughts?

Thanks guys!
The Droid 1 is being phased out. Droid 2 is just around the corner so why would they keep making more Droid 1's? I doubt they would knock you down to an older phone seeing as how that's bad business.

How much did you pay for the Droid? Is it under warranty? If you paid like $150, I would just ask them about paying the extra $50 to get the X.

OP
C

Crazy

Reaction score
so the rep at the Verizon Wireless store said there is a slim chance they'll get more Droid 1's in the warehouse by next week (which I doubt) and if not, then a rep will contact me regarding an alternative phone.

Now the question is what could the alternative phone be? (P.S. No way in hell I want to get a HTC Droid Eris or Motorola Devour)

Thoughts?

Thanks guys!
The Droid 1 is being phased out. Droid 2 is just around the corner so why would they keep making more Droid 1's? I doubt they would knock you down to an older phone seeing as how that's bad business.

How much did you pay for the Droid? Is it under warranty? If you paid like $150, I would just ask them about paying the extra $50 to get the X.

I just called back VZW right now and the tech told me to call back within 24 hours to see if they got more Droid 1 shipments or not... and if not, he said the only compatible phones he can replace it with are the Motorola Devour and LG Ally, wtf?! I don't see how that's even compatible.

I got mine back in December for $299 (in store, but with the $100 rebate) so what can I say if they don't get anymore Droid 1 shipments in tomorrow?

erikfig

Reaction score

Thoughts?

Thanks guys!

I just called back VZW right now and the tech told me to call back within 24 hours to see if they got more Droid 1 shipments or not... and if not, he said the only compatible phones he can replace it with are the Motorola Devour and LG Ally, wtf?! I don't see how that's even compatible.

I got mine back in December for $299 (in store, but with the $100 rebate) so what can I say if they don't get anymore Droid 1 shipments in tomorrow?

How many line do you have in your contract? What I would do if I were you, I tell them that I will cancel my contract if they don't give me an incredible or the X, simple as that. Depending of how many lines you have, they may give it to you. I have a family plan so whenever I say I will cancel they gets scared and give me what I want. Specially if you are paying for insurance....

OP
C

Crazy

Reaction score

How many line do you have in your contract? What I would do if I were you, I tell them that I will cancel my contract if they don't give me an incredible or the X, simple as that. Depending of how many lines you have, they may give it to you. I have a family plan so whenever I say I will cancel they gets scared and give me what I want. Specially if you are paying for insurance....

I'm on an individual line :(
& I don't have insurance either.

There is so way I'm going for the Motorola Devour or LG Ally since I paid $199

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
if i were in your shoes, i'd go for the Droid X. I like the huge screen and that it feels ligther than the Droid 1.

lethalpimp

Reaction score
Are you guys talking about going through asurion, or going through the motorola warranty process?

OP
C

Crazy

Reaction score
Are you guys talking about going through asurion, or going through the motorola warranty process?

Motorola Manufacture Warranty. I didn't get insurance with my Droid 1.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
What if you have insurance and the extended warranty on the account. Will verizon still screw you and offer the LG ally or eris or would they autmatically upgrade you to a INC or Droid X

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't accept it. I'd stick to my guns and keep escalating it until they gave me a Droid. Neither of those phones are Droids. Really the Incredible isn't either IMHO but I'd settle for that.

If it don't say Motorola, it ain't a Droid. ;)

korp

Reaction score
I wouldn't accept it. I'd stick to my guns and keep escalating it until they gave me a Droid. Neither of those phones are Droids. Really the Incredible isn't either IMHO but I'd settle for that.

If it don't say Motorola, it ain't a Droid. ;)
Yeah ... I mean the ally and devour in terms of functionality are a step below. I would try anything to get a higher model otherwise you are taking a step back. I would just keep asking if there is anything that can be done because going to a lower device is really going to make your experience worse.

7 VII 7

Reaction score
I just went to the Verizon Wireless store to replace my Droid because the camera is busted. I have insurance through Asurion. They told me the same thing that they have ZERO Moto Droid 1s in the store, warehouse or anywhere near me. They told me to call tomorrow to check again. I would love it if they gave me a Droid X and I can weight the fact that I was planning on getting my wife on my plan since we just got married, maybe that will help them sway them to a Droid X

xpezdj

Reaction score
I really can't understand how they would even consider offering eris or devour. That is just insane..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kenhunt

Reaction score
Same exact thing happened to me last night...took droid 1 in with a busted speaker...none anywhere! They told me to call as well. Today I wake up and take my droid x back in...(its broke, my fault...yea yea...) but anyways, they have 7,000 of them in the warehouse just chillin! So why can't they come up off of a few of them for replacements on the droid 1? Thats for you guys that want the x, I have it, love it, but I also like my customization of the droid 1, so i want to keep that for now...dancedroid

tktouch12

Reaction score
my dad is going to call asurion tomorrow to get a replacement for his droid1. i should definitely do it for him and get an incredible or a droid x then. i'm going to do that and hope i can get one.