Transferring Files To Nexus

GohanBurner

Reaction score
Why does it take 10 years to transfer things to/from the Nexus? Is it because its internal memory now? I know I could transfer things to my SD card on my OGD1 about quadruple the time it takes me to move the same amount of files to the Nexus. I tried making a folder and I timed it, it took 30 seconds to make the folder. What the??? Just look at my avatar, thats the face I make every time I move files to the Nexus. :p

nubby

Reaction score
Why does it take 10 years to transfer things to/from the Nexus? Is it because its internal memory now? I know I could transfer things to my SD card on my OGD1 about quadruple the time it takes me to move the same amount of files to the Nexus. I tried making a folder and I timed it, it took 30 seconds to make the folder. What the??? Just look at my avatar, thats the face I make every time I move files to the Nexus. :p

I have no problem making folders or transferring files. I made a folder and transferred a 102 page pdf in less than 5 sec.

nbucko

Reaction score
I've had this same issue. I found that using a usb 2 port does make it go a lot faster buy still not the speed you would expect. I know that others using custom roms have reported that they don't suffer from this issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I do use custom roms and kernels and I've not experienced this issue at all. Things transfer just as fast as with my Bionic and my Droid 1 - Just providing you with another data point.

6bolt2g

Reaction score
Have not experienced this issue you speak of personally. But I have a friend with one that was transferring slow and was getting lockups manipulating files and folders on the internal memory from the PC. It seemed to come and go, then got worse after only a few days with the phone. I knew the verizon store rep and he replaced the phone under warranty and the new one is just fine. DancingNexus
Its either the PC or the phone, have you tried another computer?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Are you using the cable that comes with the phone? Some folks seem to get slower speeds with anything but the stock cable.

Is your port USB2?

Have you installed any sorts of drivers?

If you have access to wifi, you can transfer files using it.

OP
GohanBurner

GohanBurner

Reaction score
Thing is, I used my grandmother's upgrade to get this phone so there is no Warranty for me. My laptop is still worth about $1,500~ and yes, it has USB2.0. Oh well I guess I'll just deal with it.

Newps

Reaction score
Thing is, I used my grandmother's upgrade to get this phone so there is no Warranty for me. My laptop is still worth about $1,500~ and yes, it has USB2.0. Oh well I guess I'll just deal with it.

Doesn't matter who's upgrade got the phone. Doesn't change the warranty. I have a family plan with 4 lines. When somebody wants a new phone we simply see who has an available upgrade and use it.

OP
GohanBurner

GohanBurner

Reaction score
Yes but they are on your plan, i have my own plan and paid verizon through my grandmothers account. So, they said that there may be a way to transfer the phone to my grandmothers account again and get warranty, but there are no guarantees.

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
Make sure u are using the cable that came with the phone. The other ones for me make it so slow.

Tapped from my fingers on my Nexus

Big Ry

Reaction score
Don't warranty exchange it. Do a factory reset. This seems to be a somewhat common problem with the GNex. For some unknown reason the transfer rate of files is extremely slow or zero on some GNexs out of the box...mine was this way. I did a factory reset, and now all us good. Perhaps it has to do with the way they format the storage over there in Korea!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

TeeX

Reaction score
Airdroid

yes!
I started using AirDroid this week and LOVE it! Really wonderful stuff. I haven't tried to transfer any big files yet (movies, etc.), but it's handled everything I've done quickly.